<--14-->

Leafy sat at the lake's edge, looking at her reflection under the moonlight while she watched the others sleep. She didn't want to sleep, and questioned whether or not they were all actually safe, or if they were being to optimistic.

She suddenly saw an orange reflection in the water, and it sat down next to her. She turned to see Firey.

"Leafy, why are you still up?"

"I just... i can't sleep..."

"Is it because you're scared that they'll find us?"

"Well... yes..."

"They can't find us Leafy, and they won't find us. We're out of the forest, right?'

"Yeah, but that's just it! What if we're wrong, and they actually DO find their way out of the forest? What if we DO get infected and-"

Firey held her hand. "Leafy, stop. Listen to what i just said. They wont find us, alright? We're safe. They all probably think we're still lost in the forest. I promise."

Leafy looked into the water from a second before sighing and leaning on Firey. "I guess... y-you're right... maybe im being too anxious..."

Firey put his arm around her, and Leafy did the same. She closed her eyes...

And then felt herself being shaken awake by Pin.

"Leafy, LEAFY! WAKE UP! THEY FOUND US!"

Leafy's eyes shot open. She found herself laying on the ground away from the river, and the sound of growls and hisses filled her ears. She stood up, confused, and saw that it was daytime... wait... it was a dream, wasn't it?!

Pin immediately grabbed her hand and yanked her forward. They both started running with Coiny and Firey in the lead. They ran right past the river, only to hear rustling sounds coming from the forest, and then a huge crash. She looked back, only to see a horde infected contestants running towards them.

She screamed and started running faster which made Coiny turn to look at her, and then look at the contestants.

"WHELP, LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG!"

"YEAH, NO DUH!"

"SHUT UP FIREY, I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!"

"GUYS, PLEASE DON'T START AN ARGUMENT! THIS ISN'T THE RIGHT TIME, WE JUST GOTTA FOCUS ON GETTING OUT OF HERE!"

Coiny scoffed at her but continued running.

They had also underestimated how fast the infected could run/fly. They caught up pretty fast.

All of them noticed this and started panicking, and they all knew that they were goners if someone didn't do something

Then an idea popped into Pin's head.

"COINY, I HAVE AN IDEA!"

"WHAT IS IT?"

"WELL, I WAS THINKING YOU COULD UH, USE ME AS A WEAPON TO FIGHT THEM ALL OFF! MAYBE?"

Coiny's heart skipped a beat. He knew that if they did this, they would almost certainly die. But... they WOULD be able to get rid of most of them which would take some weight off of Firey and Leafy's shoulders... and Pin seemed pretty comfortable with doing it. But still...

"ARE YOU SURE PIN? WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO DIE IF WE DO THAT!"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER! AT LEAST BE WOULD HAVE DIED HEROES!"

Oh. And that.

Coiny thought for a second before deciding that he didn't care if he died. He knew that Leafy... and even Firey... could survive this without them, and put an end to this.