Those In Glass Houses

I was unaware that I had dozed off until I was awoken by a loud knock on my door. I tiredly rubbed my eyes. Stretching as I walked to open the door. But no-one was there. The hall was deserted, no evidence that anyone had been there, seconds before.

A clear confusion marked on my face, I closed the door. I turned around to see the red flashing numbers of the digital clock, 5:55 P.M.

I entered my, quite empty, walk in wardrobe, searching for fresh clothes to wear, that didn't reek of bleach, sweat and sex. I jumped when another, even louder, knock sounded against my door. As I started to walk up t it, a little piece of paper slid under the gap at the bottom. I watched as feet walked away through the gap. I picked up the note, reading;

Meet me in paradise and tell me those three little words.

I placed the note on my bedside table, where the other note, I got when I almost drowned, was still placed. I finished getting dressed and headed to what could only be paradise.

The inside garden.

Time slowed down and as I walked through the halls, it felt like I was having a bad trip, my heart beat was in my ears, all my surroundings were blurry. My footsteps against the floor echo, causing my head to pound. I rubbed my sweaty hands against my jeans.

I was finally facing the towering double doors. The intricate engravings etched into the black metal. The golden handles were freshly polished. I grasped the handle opening the creaking door.

My eyes squinted expecting there to be the usual blinding light of the fake sun. But there wasn't.

Little fireflies flew around, the old gas-lamps along the path were dimly lit, the willow tree had fairy lights in gold flowing down some of the branches.

I closed the door behind me, the echo of it travelling through the room. I heard a rustling come from under the willow. The leaves were pulled back revealing the cheeky smile of Josh.

He just stands smiling at me. I start to feel uncomfortable under his eyes, my head ducks down. He chuckles. I look up at him seeing his hand gesture me under the willow.

My feet crunched against the gravel as I walked to the willow. I pulled back the leaves to see Josh sitting cross-legged on the grass, the little gold lights lighting up the perfections in his face. I couldn't help but smile.

I sat down opposite him. He pulled from behind the trunk of the tree a little wicker picnic basket. "Okay, so were not really mean to be doing this" Josh laughed. "But this is my way of apologizing for my shitty behaviour towards you since we met". He pulled all of the food out the basket. "I hope you don't mind it all being Vegetarian and Vegan food" He smiled hopefully at me.

"Not at all, I'm vegetarian myself" My smile got bigger at his nervousness, why he was so nervous, I don't know?

"Well we have that in common"

We ate in comfortable silence. I don't know where or how Josh got the food but it was delicious.

After he had finished eating Josh sat leaning against the tree trunk. I shuffled next to him, placing my head on his shoulder.

He was quiet for a moment. "I saw him again". Josh paused. "You know my" He sighed. "My friend. I haven't physically seen him in three years. I have heard his voice though, I hear it constantly, he tells me stuff, dangerous things, things that might just ruin people's lives, he tells me secrets, dark secrets that may just kill me."

"He showed up this morning. Nothing's changed about him. It was weird, it was like he had never disappeared, like I missed him."

"Josh, I know you've probably heard this a million times before, because I know everyone has told me this. But it's going to be okay, I mean look where you are, you're here to get better, people are here to look after you, fix you. No, not fix you because you can't fix what itsn't broken. There going to keep you safe.

I may be hugely hypocritical when I say it, because when so many people have said it to myself, if feels less hopeful, like they're obviously lying to my face, and it never seems to get better. But I mean it. And I'm going to prove it. 

You told me that in order to get better, I need to tell someone what I did, what happened to me. And I'm going to. I'm going to tell you Josh, because I trust you, I finally trust someone". 

_______________________________________________________

Title: Those In Glass Houses by Of Mice & Men

I've decided on the new title......Who Will Fix Me Now?

Thanks to Virulentwings and I finally made decision when I heard the new BMTH video and song!

Like it's so fucking beautiful, and Oli's eyes when they change it's just Oh my god! When I listened to it the first time, I wasn't that keen on it but then I listened to it again and it really grew on me...and now I'm so in love with it.

And Oli's singing voice has got 100% better and when he sings drown at the end...it hit me right in the feels and I was covered in so many goose-bumps.

This chapter is kind of a filler, but it means that you're going to find out what happened to Oli next chapter!

I can't help but think I'm going to let you all down because you've been waiting so long for this and I don't really think it was worth the wait. Hahaha.

Oh and if anyone is up for making a new cover for this story then that would be absolutely amazing, so DM or message me on my profile if you can or want to. Thanks.

Song on the side...