| TWELVE |

Clays eyes widen and quickly rolls off me and pulls the covers over us. "Pretend to sleep." He whispers jumping out of the bed and pulling on his sweatpants and top before I hear the door open.

"Yeah?" He mumbles. "Is Kenzie staying?" I hear Susie's voice ask. "Yeah. She's sleeping." Clay mumbles.

"Okay. She seemed upset before. Is everything okay?"

"It's good mom." Clay sighs. "Is she pregnant?" I have to stop myself from gasping. "What? No!" Clay says loudly. "Just checking." Susie chuckles before saying good night.

When I hear the door close I sit up and start laughing. "Shut up." Clay mumbles ripping his clothes back off. "That was the worst timing ever." He groans getting back into bed.

"I'd say." I laugh. "Come here." Clay says pulling me into his chest. "Good night Kenzie." He whispers before kissing me gently.

"Good night Clay."

***

The next morning I'm woken by a knocking on the door. "Wakey, wakey. Time to wake up." Clay groans from behind me and rolls away. "Go away Jen." He grunts.

"Our visitors are arriving soon. I've brought Kenzie some clothes to wear."

I sit up clutching the blanket to my chest and see a smirking Jen standing at the end of the bed. "Holy shit. What's the time?" I gasp. "11." She answers. "Shit. Why didn't my alarm go off?" I panic and grab my phone only to see it's flat.

"It's fine." She waves. "Put some clothes on and I'll show you where the shower is." She winks before leaving. I quickly jump out of the bed and throw on the clothes Clay leant me last night.

"Where are you going?" Clay groans. "To have a shower." I say quickly. "Come back to bed." He groans. I smile and climb on top of him. "Later."
I whisper placing a quick kiss on his lips before running out to the hallway where Jen is standing.

"I don't know how you put up with him." She smiles before leading me to the bathroom. "This is my shampoo and conditioner. It's the good stuff. Don't use any of the other shit. It's awful. And here's a toothbrush." She tells me before placing the clothes on the counter. "Thank you so much." I tell her as she leaves.

I quickly shower and change into Jens clothes which is jeans and a fancy top. Once I'm all finished I head back to Clays room where he's standing freshly showered in only jeans.

"Where do you want these?" I ask holding up the dirty clothes in my arms. "That pile over there." He grunts pointing to a pile of clothes. I shrug and drop the clothes. "I should go." I sigh sitting on the bed as he slips on his shirt.

"Okay." Clay mumbles. "See you Monday." I mumble grabbing my phone and keys. I head out to the living room where Gabe and Declan are standing talking to Tony.

"Kenzie! What the hell are you doing here?" Tony exclaims pulling me into a bear hug. "Hi Tony." I smile hugging him back. "You know Kenzie too?" Declan exclaims. "Of course I do." Tony chuckles.

"Are you staying for lunch sweetheart?" Susie says walking into the room. "Oh no. I better go. Thank you." I smile. "Aw come on Kenzie. Susie makes the best turkey."

"She probably has to go to her own family ya know?" Jen sasses flopping onto the sofa. "Oh right. Of course." Susie says frowning a little. "Thanks for the clothes. I'll give them to Clay on Monday to give back." I tell Jen.

"Clay walk Kenzie out." Susie demands when I start heading towards the door. "Who's Kenzie?" A short blonde women asks bitterly walking into the room. "Clays girlfriend!" Jen teases.