| FIFTEEN |

Shout out to @vodkamarshmallows for voting chapter so far <3

"W-what?" Dad stutters. "Tell me about Underground." I repeat. "How do you know about it?" Dad counters rubbing his face. "I'll answer your questions after you answer mine." I demand crossing my arms. "I was a different person in high school." Dad starts explaining.

"My best friend and I were always in trouble and we got dragged into an underground fighting ring."

"Try again." I snort. "You know don't you?" He sighs. "Yes. Now tell me." I demand. "My best friend, Tony, and I were always in trouble. One day we decided to start Underground. I eventually joined the police force as an inside man. Then I started dating your mother and stopped."

"Anything else?" I ask. Dad sighs before continuing. "I was a fighter. The best actually and even now I still make sure they don't get caught." He explains. "What about Hilda?" I question. "God that women is awful. She was your moms friend and somehow related to Tonys brothers wife or something. She knew about Underground but never said anything to your mom."

"What about a few weeks ago when the police showed up?" Dads head snaps up at my question. "You were there?" He gasps. "I told you I would answer your questions after mine." I counter. "That was some B cop trying to make himself look good." I nod accepting his answer.

"One last question. What was your name and why?"

"The Ripper because it was like I would rip their heads off." Dad mumbles. "Okay. Now you question me." I tell him. "Firstly, how the fuck do you know about Underground." Dad asks leaning on his elbows. I end up telling dad everything. Well everything apart from sleeping with Clay. "Holy shit." Dad says leaning back.

"What's his name?"

"The Killer." I smile. "He any good?" Dad asks perking up a little. "Well he got Hayden's brother to tap out." I smirk. "I've only seen him fight that one time. He's fighting this weekend though." I add. "Of course. The double fight." Dad nods. "Is Hayden's brother really a fighter?" He asks lowly. "Yeah. I just hope he doesn't show up." I say frowning. "Me too. Actually I hoped neither of you two would find out." Dad laughs.

After watching tv with dad I head to my room and decide to text Clay.

K: Sooo I spoke to my dad about Tony

C: How'd it go?

K: He tried to dodge it but eventually came clean

C: That's cool.

C: Tony said you should ask him to come this weekend.

K: Are you for real??

Clay ends up ringing me instead of texting me back. "Hey." I smile fighting the fucking butterflies again. "Hi Kenzie." Tonys voice comes through the phone. "Um hi?" I say feeling disappointed it wasn't Clay. "So you finally found out about The Ripper huh?" He chuckles. "Anyway ask him to come. Thanksgiving is always big would be good to have him come." Tony continues not letting me answer.

"I'll ask him."

"Ask him now...please."

"Okay." I sigh heading back to the living room. Dad wasn't there though. I eventually found him in the kitchen digging in the freezer. "Dad." I say making him jump. "What's up?" He asks screwing his nose up at some frozen chicken before throwing it back. "Tony wants to know if you want to come this weekend?" I ask holding my phone up. "Is that him?" Dad asks taking the phone out of my hand.

Dad and Tony end up talking for over an hour about the weekend and catching up. I sit on the counter waiting for my phone back growing more and more impatient wanting to talk to Clay. "Oh yeah Kenzie's the same." I hear dad say snapping my attention to him. I narrow my eyes at my dad as he smirks at me.