001: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

𝘮𝘦𝘭'𝘴 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘺, 9𝘱𝘮,
𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘢

john came around the corner of the isle, bouncing up and down in the cart. charlie pushed him as he held the groceries around the store.

"we need to get you... pants, shirts, a toothbrush..." she mumbled under her breath, making a mental note. "how about you go get whatever clothes you want, and i'll get your essentials?" she offered.

john climbed out of the cart and confusedly walked to where he hoped the clothes were.

charlie kept on, still as disoriented as when she saw him. what was john lennon even doing at the store with her? it all seemed like a dream to her. though no one but the two remembered the beatles so far, it was all so exhilarating.

john didn't exactly miss fame, if he was being honest. it felt good to go out in public without being recognized. no, "hey, look, it's john lennon!"'s coming from behind him or anything like that. he could talk to someone without being asked for an autograph right away.

everyone always wanted something from him, whether it be a photo or autograph or even just a handshake. finally, john could have a short break. frankly, it felt weird not having yoko by him at all times, but it sort of felt like a breath of fresh air after all that time of having someone.

he didn't always have to have someone, he realized.

a sudden voice in the men's clothing section made him jump with surprise. "finding everything okay?"

he paced himself and smiled at the young man checking on him. "yes, thanks," he kept on looking for clothes and thinking about how free he felt.

meanwhile, across the store, charlie had already grabbed all the essentials he needed. instead of going to find him and tell him, she decided to take a few photos of him from behind. he had a pair of dark green pants on with a tan tee shirt.

"don't get the purple sweater, john," charlie whispered into his ear.

he jumped again and turned to face her. she burst into rapid laughter as john simply smiled at her. he shook his head and covered his face with his hands. "'ye fuckin' scared me, charlie," john cried.

charlie took her camera and brought it back up to her face, taking a picture of the smiling john.

with the click of the camera, john's head snapped toward charlie

with the click of the camera, john's head snapped toward charlie. "oh... i'm sorry, did you not want me taking pictures?" she asked concernedly. her eyebrows furrowed and his smile fell.

"no, it's not that. i'm jus' so used to having my picture taken for a shoot," he murmured. his face relaxed and he turned back to the clothes. "d'you like this one?" he held a pair of jeans to his waist and raised his brows.

"they seem a bit... tight," charlie sneered.

"well, that's the way i like 'em. nice and tight."

___________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘺,
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵,
𝘮𝘪𝘥-𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯

i can feel john's presence with me everywhere i go. he's not supposed to be here with me now, but he is. he's supposed to be making his new album, imagine with george and klaus and yoko and his band.

instead, he's not famous, not wanted, not known. he's in my bed waiting for me to come back to the room and watch him give me a mini fashion show with his new clothes. it's nearly two am. we went and got ice cream after the grocery store. he's a bit hyper.

"charlie, hurry up!"

i don't know why he's not famous. his voice is impeccable, he's handsome, he has more talent in his finger than i have in my whole being. we haven't figured anything out yet. he said we could tonight after the show, though.

i want him to be famous, where he's supposed to be. he probably wants that, too. he doesn't belong in an eighteen year old's apartment half past one in the morning. if he ever does become famous again, i don't expect him to remember me. i want him to, but i know i'll be forgotten as soon as everyone loves him again.

i'm trying not to cry, but i'm already falling for him. the feeling (obviously) isn't mutual. he has/had yoko. when she comes back, he'll love her again. he was always my favorite, though.

if i ever told my eleven year old self i'd be in my apartment with john lennon when i was eighteen, she would be elated. now, i find myself taking him for granted. every second i'm not cherishing his presence, i know i'll regret it.

furthermore, i should be going now. i'll tell you what happens when something happens.

with love, charlie

___________________