008: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯

𝘷𝘪𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘢 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩,
8𝘢𝘮

john didn't recognize john.

"who the fuck are you?" john d. said to john l.

"it's me! john lennon! we've known each other for a decade!" john l. insisted.

the john's were on the dock, arguing with the other. john l. wanted on the boat, but john d. wouldn't give. he didn't know who john l. was at all.

charlie sat back in shame and disappointment watching it all unfold. unknowing passengers with real tickets were boarding the ferry, passing the two yelling at each other.
the sky was a chilling grey. no sun, no clouds, just an eerie grey. there was fog, too.

"what do you mean, you don't know me?!"

"that's it! i don't know you!" john d. yelled.

charlie tiptoed up and grabbed john l's arm carefully, trying to pull him back. "no! this motherfucker's gonna let us on this fuckin' boat!"

"it's a ferry, weirdo!"

___________________
𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦,
11𝘢𝘮

charlie finally calmed john down after the rage-filled argument with the other john. she sat him on the bed, making him take deep breaths.

"i can't believe he didn't fuckin' recognize me!" he whined. "i... this is ridiculous! our whole plan is foiled!"

charlie squeezed his shoulder reassuringly, sitting next to him on the bed. she didn't know what quite to say. "i'm sure we'll find a way... somehow... to get to london," she voiced.

he sighed, looking down at his feet hanging off the bed in the motel they rented at short notice. with barely any money left, the two were scraping by with just enough left in charlie and john's wallet. "we have.. what? a hundred bucks left?" john murmured. "we'll be lucky if we can even finish the bill for this motel at this point." he said truthfully.

charlie took her hand away, placing it coyly in her lap. she shook her leg, anxiously picking at her fingernails. she finally had time to change out of her sandy skirt, changing into a much warmer alternative-jeans and a bomber with a tank top tucked underneath. john changed into black jeans and a long sleeved baseball shirt. they somehow remained stylish while being homeless.

"just think about it," charlie started. "if we somehow find some money to get there, we'll be in london with the rest of the boys in no time, john!" she smiled.

"i'll just 'ave to take 'yer word for it, lassy... this is my career on the line, y'know..." john closed his eyes, putting his face into his hands. he leaned all the way back into the only bed in the motel, favoring the comforting feeling it gave him. a much better alternative to the hard, lumpy beach. "i'm so fuckin' tired." he sighed.

charlie slipped her boots off, laying next to john. "me too." she breathed. "sleeping on the beach was the worst idea ever."

"shut up."

"okay," she squeaked.

in no time, the two easily fell asleep in the warm, welcoming bed. it wasn't bright out at all. the only source of light flooding into the room was the light from the red led sign right outside their room. neither of them knew to care to shed their day clothes, or even take off their wet jackets. it was too easy, falling asleep.