013: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮,
25𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳

"what're we supposed to do, now?"

"fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck... fuck." ringo quickly declared aloud.

john and charlie didn't budge. "actually, i'm not all that aroused right now, ringo. it was a nice thought, though. try to keep up the good work." john replied. the three were all laying on the queen-sized bed together, doing nothing in particular. they knew they'd never run out of money since they won the lottery, but their funds for the hotel were quickly draining.

charlie thought of calling her family, but couldn't have been bothered as to do so. she wanted to enjoy her time with the beatles as much as possible without her possessive parents hung over her. maybe she'd call a sibling. she hadn't made a call in almost two weeks, though.

then charlie suddenly remembered something. she sprung up from the bed, racing to the door after getting her shoes on. "i don't know why i didn't think of this before!" she revelled. "it's so simple!"

john and ringo were curious, but still quite hungover. "what? think of what?" ringo slurred.

"a phone book!" a look of revelation registered on each of their faces. "why can't we just call george and paul? their names should be in the phone book, right?" she hurriedly opened the door to head to the lobby.

john reluctantly followed after realized this could be an answer to the issue. all the way down to the lobby, the only thing coursing through the three's mind's was how stupid they had to have been to not have thought of this before. "i told you she was good luck," john uttered as they got off the elevator.

the shock on the hotel workers' faces was priceless, seeing three adults race to the phone like bickering children. "it was my idea! i get to call paul!"

"he's my mate!" john yanked the book from her hand.

"fellas, we can work it out!" ringo interjected.

john cringed. "shit, i forgot about the mess of that song..." he grumbled.

charlie grabbed the book back as john reflected on his own lyrics. she searched for mccartney as fast as she could. john just let her take the reigns while he took a moment to digest all the writing mistakes he made back in the sixties.

"mccabner, mccain, mccartney! okay, dial these numbers, john!" she recited the numbers hurriedly. the sounds of the dialling numbers and charlie's frantic demands echoed through the lobby, frightening the elderly passerby's. "is it ringing?!"

john, looking amused at charlie, nodded immediately after she asked. ringo seemed to be perplexed, but maybe it was only because he was hungover. his hair was in shambles and he had a slight 5 o'clock shadow going on. "tell 'im ritchie said hello," he sheepishly grinned, practically hanging off the side of the wall. "haven't seen paul in..." he murmured to himself, trailing off with his words.

john looked anxious to speak to paul; they hadn't exactly stayed the best of friends after the beatles broke up. john wrote 'how do you sleep' in response to paul's 'too many people'. john wondered if paul would even talk to him after what happened. charlie stood next to john, glaring at the telephone. why wouldn't he answer? he might have been busy...

but then with the utterance of two short words, john nearly fell to the ground.

"uhmm... hello?"