010: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 | 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦-o

𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘭,
𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘰𝘯,
4𝘱𝘮,
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺

after a few hours of pointless exploration of london, john and charlie rounded to the hotel they decided to stay at. the grand bel air hotel right dead center in the middle of the city. they surely had enough money to pay the expenses.

"we'd like a room with two queen sized beds," john threw his backpack full of brand new clothes they'd just bought onto the ground, greeting the concierge. "oh, and snacks! lots 'o snacks."

the woman smiled at the two, probably thinking they were a honeymoon couple. "right away, mr...?"

"lennon. john lennon."

"smooth, john," charlie chortled.

the woman wrote their information down inside a large notebook full of information, dates and names. "how long will you be staying with us, mr. lennon?"

"until the cows come home."

"do you even know what that means?" charlie asked.

"no, not really."

the woman smiled confusedly and wrote down nil. she stamped a hotel receipt and handed them their keys. "the room should be ready, now."

"thanks!" charlie already had their bags in hand, walking away from the desk to the elevator. they pressed the number 9 and waited for the doors to close.

"this place is nice," john muttered. "i think i've stayed 'ere before... maybe back in '66."

"i've never even been out of california let alone the country, which is strange," charlie added with a grin. "this is all so new to me."

john laughed. "'yer just a baby to all this, then?"

"fetus." she replied, not looking him in the eyes.

the elevator came to a halt as john patted his coat pocket. "ah, fuck it. i left my wallet in the car. could you go grab it while i take everything in?" he asked her. he stepped out of the elevator, taking her backpack and suitcase.

"sure," she took the car keys from his other pocket, getting back on the elevator and pressing 1. she smiled at him, waving at him slowly as the doors closed while he tripped over his own feet.

after a second, without any warning, the elevator stopped on the eighth floor. charlie stepped back so whoever got on would have enough room. the doors slowly opened again, this time letting someone on she never thought she'd see at the hotel. or any hotel. she almost didn't recognize him from the beard and overgrown hair.

ringo starr was right in front of her, smoking a cigarette uncaringly. he walked on, barely taking a second glance at her.

charlie didn't know what to do; ringo starr got on the elevator, she froze. john would be having an aneurysm if he was there. as the ground floor got closer and closer, she felt she had to say something to him. but, what if he didn't remember the beatles and she made a fool of herself in front of him? this was her one chance.

"you're never going to believe this, but..." she started. "i know who you are." she stuttered.

his eyes widened as he realized what she was talking about. "you know who i am?!"