002: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵,
𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 14𝘵𝘩, 7𝘢𝘮

the only thing holding charlie back from traveling all the way to the u.k. so john could be reunited with his boys were her parents. she was, in fact, eighteen, but still, she didn't want her parents to be upset. besides, she didn't have nearly enough money to buy two plane tickets.

a small part of her wanted so desperately to just say, "fuck it", pick up and leave and do it, but the rest of her remained solid. she wouldn't do it.

no matter how much john wanted her to. which was also very much.

"c'mon," john begged. "come to liverpool with me!"

"john, you know i can't just-"

"that's exactly it, charlie," john interrupted. "you can! you can come to liverpool with me, explore it for a day or two, then venture into meeting the boys!"

"but-"

"i'll have no buts about it, darlin'," john patted charlie's head, which was far from him on the bed they shared. they fell asleep in the exact position they were in; halfway across the bed from the other, hanging off the bed. john somehow made her let him share the bed in his devious ways. "you're coming with me. that's that. 'ye wouldn't want lil' ol' johnny traveling europe alone, now would you?"

charlie couldn't argue with him any longer. it would give her an even worse headache than she had now. she could only comply and say, "okay. fine. i will." she allowed the smaller part of her-the more ambitious part-to take control of any self control, any doubt, any worry, any thread of common sense left in her. it didn't even take that much convincing, which was saying something.

"so, when do we start packing?" she asked with a tame, but still excited smile plastered on her lips.

john eagerly grabbed her arm and faced her. "you won't regret it, charles!" he said as if he was making a business decision.