003: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘳

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮,
𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 15𝘵𝘩, 6𝘱𝘮

charlie's life went from 0-100 in only a few seconds. when john came into her life, she realized how boring it really was. nothing usually happened unless she initiated it. now, it seemed she had a purpose; to help john find everyone and get the beatles back together.

what a wild adventure it would be.

"you've already packed my bags?" charlie stared at the backpack john presented in front of her.

he had a wacky smile on his face as he waited for her approval. "i thought you might enjoy some help, since you haven't done much to prepare," he sneered. "i know it's only been a day, but... i'm a bit impatient,"

"i can tell," charlie walked into her bedroom, taking a whiff of cigarette smoke that met her face. "didn't i say-"

"no smoking, i fucking get it," he interrupted. "sorry." he apologized once he noticed how brash he was.

charlie regained her posture after bending to look in the backpack. she furrowed her brows and chuckled. "if i'm going to london with you in september, i can't wear tee shirts and shorts the whole time,"

he stopped as if he was defeated. "you got me with that one, i'll have to give that to you," he frowned.

"i much prefer skirts and jeans and cozy sweaters, anyways," she grabbed the small bag and unloaded just about everything but her toothbrush. "you didn't even pack me any underwear or bras..." she muttered.

___________________
𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘱 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘢,
7𝘱𝘮

and so, the dynamic duo travelled all the way to the border of california and nevada on their way across the country. since neither of them hadn't enough money to buy plane tickets, they had to resort to doing it the old fashioned way.

they hopped in her trabant 601, driving the whole two or three days it would take to get to virginia. then, they'd hop on a boat and travel a few more days to london. john kept going on and on about how they wouldn't have to pay because he knew someone who knew someone. if they played their cards right, they'd be in london in less than a week.

currently, they were in a coffee shop, dusk already breaking. they didn't see anything but desert those past hours of driving. this was their first stop.

"how much longer until virginia?" john asked,l from across the booth, taking in the scent of normality.

"according to the map..." she flipped the map around and scanned it intensely. "only about twenty-three hundred miles left!"

"that's like," john stopped in the middle of his sentence, counting the numbers on his fingers. charlie stared at him in amusement. "five days,"

"no."

charlie told her boss she'd be gone for a while. he didn't think much of it. she didn't bother telling her family. they'd only be disappointed in her for choosing to follow a strange man all the way to another country. john helped her pack the rest of her clothes before saying the last goodbyes to her cherished apartment.

meanwhile in the coffee shop, the eerie vibe and sound of plates and glasses clinking together, a collective chatter filled the air. john was amazed by the sudden change of pace in his rapid life. no one wanted anything from him anymore. it was mildly shocking, however. charlie was still in a state of disbelief at the whole situation.

nothing was the same, nothing would probably ever be the same, and yet, the two were almost content with that. it was alarmingly peaceful. tranquil, even.

"where to next?"

"arizona," charlie replied.

"then?"

"new mexico, then texas, oklahoma, arkansas, tennessee, and finally, virginia," she smiled. "is it weird that i'm quite afraid of what's to come, john?" she acknowledged.

"not at all," he half-whispered. "in fact," he grew closer to her. "i'm scared me-self."

𝐘𝐎. 𝐰𝐡𝐲𝐲𝐲 𝐚𝐦 𝐢 #21 𝐨𝐧 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬?? 𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭??? 𝐰𝐭𝐟?? 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐦!!!!!!!! 𝐢𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐛𝐡. 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐨𝐡 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 #1 :)