I Love You

I stand on the beach, the sun shining down on me. Someone comes behind me and gently kisses my neck.

"I love you Elena."

"I love you too Damon." He spins me around and gently molds his lips against mine.

I jerk up, sweat pouring down my face. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. But I need something familiar, and the most familiar thing right now is the Salvatore Boarding house.

It's been 4 years since I last saw Stefan. Damon left too, on account of me being angry at him. You see, a regular guy would profess his love to you then you would kiss. In the case of Damon Salvatore, he told me he was madly in love with me, then he kissed me. Then he said, 'I'm never loosing you Elena' then he fed me his blood and snapped my neck. So why are you dreaming about him? I shrug then I get up. Back to needing something familiar, I moved into the Boarding House, Damon's room to be exact.

Maybe I should track him down. Yeah, I need to see him. I pull out my phone. I got a new number, so he won't recognise it if he picks up. I scroll down to his name. I decided to keep his number just in case. I press the green phone.

"Hello?" I take a shaky breath in.

"Damon Salvatore?"

"Yes, who am I speaking to?"

"I want to see you."

"Will you tell me who you are?"

"If you meet me at the Grill at 3:00 then you can find out."

"Fine." We both hang up. I look over at the clock and it's already 2:45. Wow, I slept in that late? I flash upstairs and I grab a pair of skinny jeans and a white ruffled blouse. I tuck my shirt into my jeans then I put my hair up in a high ponytail, then some lipgloss and mascara then eyeliner and eye shadow. I pull on some 4 inch black heels then I head outside. It's 2:58, so I flash to the grill. I go inside and Damon already sits at the bar. I take a deep breath in then I walk over to him.

"Hello Damon." He turns around and his crystal blue eyes fill with love and a hint of guilt.

"Elena? You're the one who called me?" I nod. I sit down next to him and he looks down at the bourbon in his hand.

"Are you going to stare at your drink the whole time or are you going to buy me one?" He laughs a little.

"Can I get another bourbon?" The bartender pours me one and I tenderly drink out of it.

"Why did you want to see me?"

"Come home. I miss you. I miss having you around. I live at the Boarding house now. Please Damon?" He nods then I down the rest of my bourbon. We both head over to the house in Damon's car. We both go up to his room.

"Why'd you move into my room and not Stefan's?"

"I like yours better." He laughs then smiles at me.

"But hands off." He groans jokingly then I head downstairs to get us a couple blood bags. I go back up to our room and I hand him one. He sets it down and gulps. He continues putting his clothes away and I go over to him.

"What's wrong?"

"Are your emotions off?"

"No. I don't want them off."

"Are you in love with me?"

"That's to talk about a different day. What's with all the questions?"

"I'm trying desperately to figure out why the hell I'm not dead yet."

"Why would I kill you?"

"Because there's a blood bag in your hand. Because I told you how I felt then I killed you."