Happy Birthday

I start making the cake while Alex stands on his toes and watches.

"What time does the party start Mama?"

"Well we have to go to the park. Then all your friends will be there at 1:00." He smiles then Damon comes in the kitchen. He ruffles Alex's hair as he runs past him and I turn around.

"Morning Elena."

"Good Morning Damon." He wraps his arm around my waist then pulls my lips to his. I smile as he pulls away and Aimee kicks.

"Mama, someone's at the door." I go get it and Damon follows close behind. I open the door and I see Caroline and Bonnie.

"Hey! What's up?"

"We came to see if you need any help with Alex's party."

"Come in." They come inside and Bonnie gently strokes my bump.

"I'm getting so impatient!" Damon says behind me.

"Shut it Salvatore."

"Mmm who are you talking about, me or you?"

"Not Salvatore yet."

"When's the wedding?"

"We're planning it for the day after Aimee is due. June 15th."

"Aww, that's in like, a month and a half!"

"Yup. I'm 7 1/2 months in so Meredith says she's perfect timing."

"Alex told us a little something yesterday. We came over to hang out with you so we just hung out with Alex."

"What did he say?"

"That the only thing he wants for his birthday is for you two to get married." My jaw drops.

"Let's do it." I look up at Damon.

"Wait today? Right now?"

"Why wait? Why not be married before Aimee gets here?"

"Okay, let's go! I'm gonna go get ready!" I smile widely and Damon swoops me in for a kiss.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too Damon." Bonnie and Caroline come upstairs with me. I hand Damon his suit and he goes into Stefan's room. I squeal excitedly.

"Oh my god, I'm getting married!" They freak out with me and I pull out a beautiful white dress I got a couple weeks ago. After I put it on, Bonnie and Caroline do my hair with white flower pins. I do my make up and I call John, Ric, and Jeremy.

The dress flows down to my knees and in the back the straps cross into an X. I pull a pair of white flats on then I'm finally ready. Caroline comes back with white roses and a veil.

"A bride is never complete without a veil or flowers." I hug her and she puts the veil into my bun with my mother's diamond pin.

"Damon's meeting us at the church. He's getting the priest right now and that we should start heading down."

"I already called Tyler and Matt. They're meeting us there too. All the guys are. Katherine is still here."

"Yes I am." I turn to see Katherine standing there smiling at me.

"Getting excited?"

"I couldn't be happier! I'm marrying the love of my life." Alex runs upstairs.

"Where is everyone going?"

"The party's cancelled baby."

"But Mama..."

"We're heading to the church. Daddy and I are getting married." He jumps up and down excitedly. I get him in his suit then we head for the church. John waits outside for me. I hand Alex my box and John hands him one which must be Damon's, then he runs inside. I take John's arm.

"You okay Elena?"

"I'm nervous but I'm so happy." Aimee kicks like crazy and I rub small circles into my bump, trying to get her calm. The doors open and John starts walking me down the aisle. Damon smiles at me, his warm blue eyes staring into my chocolate brown ones. I hug John gently then I take Damon's hand.

"I love you Damon."

"I love you Elena."

"You may be seated." Everyone sits down and the priest opens the bible.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining of Elena Margaret Gilbert and Damon Giuseppe Salvatore. Blessed with the gift of life, they want their love to be eternal, forevermore as Mr. And Mrs. Damon Salvatore. If there are any objections, speak now, or forever hold your peace." Everyone stays silent.

"Please join hands." We take each other's hands and Damon smiles at me.

"Do you Damon Salvatore solemnly swear to take Elena Gilbert to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

"I Damon Salvatore do solemnly swear to take Elena Gilbert to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part." I smile at him and tears come to my eyes.

"And do you Elena Gilbert solemnly swear to take Damon Salvatore to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

"I Elena Gilbert, do solemnly swear to take Damon Salvatore to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part."

"The rings." Alex runs forward and hands the priest grabs the rings.

"These rings are a sign. They are a sign and a reminder of the vows you've made today, a sign of eternal love. They are not a sign of dominance, they are to seal your vows forevermore. By this church I bless these rings, to only go on your fingers, and your fingers alone. Please place them on." Damon's gold wedding band was my father's, not John's, my father's. Mine was Mary's, and she gave it to Damon. We put them on our fingers and we both smile widely.

"By the power vested in me by the state of Virginia, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." Damon and I both step toward each other and our lips collide, like an asteroid and Earth, our love conquering all in its path. Everyone claps and cheers loudly. When Damon and I finally pull away, we smile as we realize, we're married. I'm Elena Salvatore. When we get outside, we kiss again and I feel Aimee kick. We head back to the boarding house and we both smile at each other. We rescheduled the party for 6:00, so we get some time alone. Caroline is taking Alex for a bit, too. Damon pins me against the wall and I sigh softly as he kisses my neck.

We head upstairs and we do what we do best- fall in love with each other all over again.