A Face From My Past

After salsa class Cami and I had some lunch and then I walked over to Children's hospital.

Upon walking in I asked to speak to the person in charge of the volunteer programs

"Mrs. Jeon?" An elder man greets me in the hallway.

"Yes sir"

"George Walters, Your husband told me you'd be stopping by, please come into my office" he says as I follow him.

"Please call me George" he says showing me a chair.

I take a seat in front of a huge cherry wood desk.

"Your husband mentioned you'd like to volunteer in our NICU area is that still something you'd like to do?"

"Oh absolutely"

"Mrs. Jeon"

"Jasmine, please"

"Jasmine, what we're looking for is someone to sit with our babies, read to them, change them. Whenever our nurses are too busy to give them attention and TLC."

"I would love to do that."

"Wonderful, shall we take a tour?"

"Yes please"

We head to the intensive Care unit. I'm given a gown and mask due to the sick children I'm about to incounter.

We walk the halls and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the babies and kids that are there.

"George? Where are their parents?"

"Oh Jasmine, some of these kids don't have parents and some of the parents simply can't miss any more work, so they have no choice but to leave them alone"

"Oh that's terrible"

"But that's where you come in, and others like you. We have so many volunteers that make a huge difference. Plus your donation will go towards blankets and other supplies that the hospital is short on"

"I'm sorry, donation?"

"Yes your husband said you'd be making a sizable donation along with you volunteering"

"Oh yes.., it slipped my mind" I put on a fake smile.

We finish the tour and I get a schedule of when my volunteering would be needed.

"Thank you so much for your time George, I will be seeing you real soon"

"The pleasure was all mine" he says giving me a sweet smile.

Once out of the hospital I call Minho asking him to pick me up.

I take a seat in front of the hospital and wait for him.

While I wait I call Jungkook.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Jeon, he's in a meeting right now." Dohee says on the other end of the phone.