Final Goodbyes

The house is quiet when I get home, the lights are all shut off as I make my way into the kitchen.

I see her purse on the table along with her keys. By the looks of it, it doesn't look like she had any dinner.

I grab a rice ball and a beer and head up to our room.

I can see already the lights are dim, she must be sleeping already.

Popping the rest of the cold rice ball in my mouth I tip toe into the bathroom for a quick shower.

Slipping off my shoes, I start the water. Looking down I notice a pregnancy test in the trash unopened.
This can't be good.

I shut the water off and grab the towel to dry my hands.

As I do something falls to the ground.

Picking up the wrapped feminine item I realize now why she's in bed.

Shutting off the light I go and kneel besides her.

"Do you want to talk about it" I ask stroking her hair

"What's there to say? I'm not pregnant" she says through her tears

"When did you get it?"

"Tonight, When I got home."

"I'm sorry baby..I know how much.."

She cuts me off mid-sentence..

"I'm TIRED of people telling me how sorry they are. Oh I'm so sorry Jazz, Oh I'm so sorry you're not pregnant Oh I'm so sorry you can't have a baby, Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?"

"Sweetheart, I didn't mean it that way. I didn't mean that I felt sorry for you"

"I mean really why would I ever think I could have a baby?... For one second I had a thought in my head that I could be pregnant and in an instant it was taken away from me." She sobs

I'm at a loss as to what to do. For so long I've been able to give her everything that she wants. But seeing her hurt this way is a pain that I can't live with.

"Do you remember what we said? We said if it got to be too much We would go in and see a specialist? Now I know it's not what you want but we could at least go see what our options are." I say to her looking into her beautiful swollen eyes wiping the tears that fall on her cheeks.

"Ok mi amor, I will consider it. Right now though I just want to go to sleep."

"Ok beautiful" I kiss her and allow her to go to sleep.

JASMINE'S POV

I awake in the morning to the sun shining on my face, I must have forgot to pull the curtains last night.

His side of the bed is cold, he must of went into the office to get some work done before the funeral.

I could just lay here pretend I slept in but for respect of Ki-tae I'll get up.