But I Still Want You

I arrive at the hospital only to find Ki-tae laying in his bed holding on to a stuffed dinosaur.

"Look who's here Ki-tae! It's your friend Jasmine" the nurse on duty who's sitting with him at the time says.

Lifting his head he turns to me and gives me a faint smile.

"How is he today?" I ask

"Not good, he's been vomiting alot and crying for his mom"

"Poor sweetie. Where is his mom again?"

"His family is in China. I got in touch with his father but as of 3 days ago they are looking for his mother. She works in a factory a few nights a week, she hasn't come home yet so they're thinking she's working overtime to make money to make the trip here to come visit. They will call as soon as they hear from her."

I go to sit with Ki-tae. Laying next to him I put my arm around him making sure not to move his dinosaur.

"Would you like me to read to you?" I ask him.

Nodding at me he smiles handing me a book.

"Goodnight Moon? My mamà used to read this to me when I was a little girl"

I read him the story while rubbing his hair. Eventually he falls asleep.
Carefully I get up and walk over to the window.

I dial Jungkook.

"Hello beautiful" he answers

"Hello mi amor, how are you today?"

"Busy as always, I miss you. I think we need a day together. What do you think?"

"Sounds wonderful"

"What's the matter? You don't sound like your normal happy self"

"No baby, I'd like to talk to you about something important. Will you be home tonight for dinner?"

"Yes I'll be home around 6:00, is everything ok?"

"Yes, I'm ok. It's nothing to worry about."

"Ok beautiful, I trust you. Let me get back to work then. I'll see you tonight. I love you."

"I love you more"

As I hung up I stare at Ki-tae while he sleeps wondering how I can help.

I'm tired after the hospital. I'm even debating going to salsa class but once I put my mind to something I follow through so I decide to go regardless of how tired I am.

I decided to change in the changing rooms there since I just wanted to head out of the hospital right away. I was emotionally drained today. I just needed to get out.

I slip on my heels and push my way out the door.

"Ok class let's partner up" the instructor says.