Promise

Jimin met me in the courtyard.

"Ya know things happen, it's not like you can control it" he says rubbing my back.

"I know.. I guess I just feel so bad for Ki-tae. He's so young he's going to need his mother."

"Well what you're doing by bringing his family here, that's something he needs too." He wipes my face.

"I think I need to go home for a bit, to lie down."

"Why go home to an empty place? Stay the night with me" Jimin suggests

"Don't you need to go into the office?"

"I can work remotely, you can rest at my place. Besides I don't want you by yourself when you're feeling this way."

Letting out a long sigh I agree.
"I'll still have to go home first for a change of clothes."

"Ok, but you better come right over or you know I'll come get you" he looks around to make sure no one is by us before lightly kissing me on my nose.

"Yes I will" I smile.

We separate and I head home. On the way Jungkook returns my phone call.

"Hello sweetheart, sorry I missed your call. I was just getting into a meeting. Did you need something?"

"Yes" I pause trying to swallow the lump that's gathered again in my throat.

"Jazz?.. What is it?" He sounds worried.

"Mr. Brown got back to me today and they've identified the body as Mrs. Lee"

"Ohh sweetheart, I'm so sorry"

"I feel so terrible for that little boy baby.. I just want to do something for him"

"I know you do, but there's nothing we can do. I'll call the hospital and let them know we'll pay for all of the funeral expenses."

"Oh thank you mi amor"

"It's the least we could do. I'm sorry again sweetheart, I wish I was there with you."

"It's ok amor, I'm actually going to lie down."

"Ok call me later please. I love you so much"

"I love you more"

And our call ended.
I make it home and even though I told Jimin I'd hurry back I decide to take a nice hot shower before I packed my bag.

Grabbing some clothes I stuff them in an overnight bag and proceed to blow dry my hair.

My phone buzzes and it's Cami.

"Hey lady what's going on?" She asks typing away on her laptop.

"Nothing much, I just got out of the shower. How about you? How did coffee go with the stud?" I joke

"Oh no joke..Joon showed up"

"Whhhaaaatt?"

"Yes, I told him the truth"

"And that being?" I said gathering up the cord to the blow-dryer.

"That he's a client wanting his room redone." Cami says defensively

"I was just asking Cam"

"I know, but I feel like I have to prove it to people"

"You don't have to prove it to anyone, you didn't do anything right??"