I am not jealous

I quirk my eyebrows up and mouth 'what' to him, Nash merely sways his head and grabs another pancake off the table and moves towards the huge balcony doors

People back at ermm New York called me observant. But that's not particularly true the whole point is that people are easy to read. 

We bleed emotions even by the way we drink coffee, but no one seems to notice this because everyone is busy drinking their own damn coffee. 

Basically, I really didn't want to be right about the situation right now. For the first time I hope Nash is not feeling jealous because of David, and he's just having a bad day.

I decided I had to go behind Nash. I had to figure it out. I have no idea where all the Sherlock Holmes vibe came from . I muttered a polite excuse to David and Lorenz and went out through the balcony door into the well-kept backyard that even had a freakin' fountain!

"Nash what the hell was that? Are you PMS'ing or something?"

Nash just scoffed but didn't turn around. What was the deal with him?

"What was that scoff about?"

He finally turned around to face me. The morning sun made his face look much more angular and sort of angelic. But the scowl made him look like some sort of grumpy baby cupid.

 I folded my hands and tapped my foot on the wet grass trying to look as intimidating as possible in front of this super tall guy.

"You don't understand anything do you?"

I decided this wasn't the suitable moment to belt out the lyrics of call me maybe. Why did I think of that ? don't ask.

"The thing is Nash I do understand, EVERYTHING! But I am willing to believe it is not what I think it is"

Nash looked a little unnerved but his stern expression returned in half a second.

"What is it that you think this is?"

He thinks his counter questioning is going to throw me off? Yeah right!

"I think you looked jealous of David just a few minutes ago in the dining room."

Nash was extremely shocked right now. Like his jaw was hanging open and he uttered some nonsensical syllables.

"I WASN'T JEALOUS!"

I couldn't help but feel a little elated that it wasn't due to jealousy. But his defensive tone made it obvious that he was.

"Then what was that back there?"

He pondered over it for a moment. But then his scowl dissipated and he sighed.

"Fine... I was a little bothered... NOT JEALOUS... Barely bothered by the fact that you laugh and joke around him much more than you do with me."

He looked like a little kid explaining 'why he decided to paint his face blue'. This man had no clue that what he declared sounded like the exact definition of an envious person.

"Jeez Nash... I only just met the guy. And every time I met him something peculiar happened and I laughed. I wasn't laughing more than usual you know."

Nash seemed to visibly relax at that but still looked towards the house in a sour manner.

"Nash, you should know that I am not what a normal person is. I am weird, I have these moments where I can't get things out of my head... And they just keep going on and on insi-"

"Mor you don't have to explain... It's my fau-"

"Shut up and listen to me Cannon. I'm not telling you about my past not because I want you to feel sorry for me. I'm telling you, so you can understand why I am who I am. okay?"

Nash relaxed his shoulders and looks into my eyes he gives me a nod. Here we go . Inhale... and Exhale Mor.

"Okay... so I have Formal thought disorder. Diagnosed about two years ago... It's a disorder that doesn't make my thoughts my own. It's like they have a brain of their own and sometimes actually most of the time they are not very polite..."

Nash's face looked pained. Maybe this was too much for him. I mean it wouldn't be new for me. I am too much for me. I decided to continue anyway.

"So my moods are unstable and sometimes I have these panic attacks when all my emotions and thoughts overwhelm me. But besides that I am super normal."

Nash didn't react for a moment. He looked stolid. 

Come on Nash say something, Please?

Nash took a step closer to me, He was close enough for me to smell his cologne. 

Where did he get cologne from? He smelled nice.

I didn't move as I usually would have. Something about Nash seemed alluring. For the first time my thoughts weren't stuck instead they were on fire. Like rapid electrons moving haphazardly.

What is he planning to do?

Then in an instant he gripped my back and hauled me towards him. My eyes close on impact as his lips touch my forehead.

Nash Cannon just kissed me on the freaking forehead.

 And I felt eumoirous and safe in his arms right here. 

Okay now I can wake up I guess. Umm I think this is actually happening.

I smiled up at him. A cheery and carefree smile. I don't think I mind opening myself up to this human right here. He looked a little red and puzzled like even he didn't understand what he did.

I heard a loud whoop from behind. Both of us turned around and saw David humping the table and making kissing noises. Lorenz looked horrified. Nash and I both burst out laughing.

"See he's not that terrible."

Nash didn't seem offended anymore. Instead, he smiled and looked at David through the sliding glass doors.

"I still hate him."

*sigh* boys...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lorenz would not let us leave without giving us at least half the kitchen's supplies. Nash had finished packing whatever he had got in that bag of his and I had never unpacked. 

My bag was completely filled to the brim with biscuits, cakes and variety of chips. Considering that David did looked unhappy that Lorenz was emptying their food supply.

"Why do you guys have to leave? We just got to talking."

It was hard to resist David's puppy dog eyes. I should ask him to teach me sometime.

"I told you we have to keep moving David. Two individual's on the run cannot stay in a place for a long time."

David knew the gist of our story. He knew I was running away from home and so was Nash. More people knowing about us would just mean increasing the number of people Arabelle could manipulate into revealing our location. 

More people knowing about us would just mean increasing the number of people Arabelle could manipulate into revealing our location.

Coming to what is our location. My mind was still a little fuzzy of the details of our whereabouts. Lorenz had taken the time to get a map of the place and explain to Nash all the possible routes heading towards Indianapolis. 

Why Indianapolis you ask? Because last night I had an epiphany.

I had read somewhere once that Indianapolis was known as the 'crossroads of America'. And last night when I obviously wasn't sleeping, I thought since we had nowhere to go a place for crossroads should be a perfect place to visit.

So when Lorenz asked us where are we headed I had blurted Indianapolis and Nash didn't seem to have an issue with that as long as he didn't have to decide.

We were finally prepared with twice the number of things in our bag and a destination in mind. Also, David was kind enough to make us a playlist on an I-pod he found in a closet somewhere.

It was the old fashioned one with the round dial and buttons on it. Something about that gesture made me want to stay back. But this was not the time to allow our emotions go rampant, It was the time to head somewhere.

"You ready Mor?"

Nash shouldered his bag and fastened his shoes. I was looking back at the house. God I was going to miss this magnificent monstrosity and the two odd people in it.

"I always am!"

The bus we boarded was not as good as the first one. This one had torn seat covers and looked like a turn for the worse. I was absolutely in love with it.

Nash and I settled down at the back, and I immediately relaxed. This seat right here has helped so many people reach where they want. And now it's aiding me reach my destination.

Nash handed me a single earphone and put the other one in his ear. The poor guy was probably missing David more than me.

Both of us settled into a comfortable silence like we always did. Nash pressed play and the soothing melody of 'I am sexy and I know it' blasted in our ears synchronously.