Crazy hot chick

I walked down the staircase grudgingly

I walked down the staircase grudgingly. Every single moment that happened in the past 15 minutes was circling in my mind again and again. 

But I was Morgan Sloane. and this was just a tiny set back. Dad was getting out of jail and maybe we could experience a worthier life now, out of all the debt.

I took a deep but shaky breath and swore to myself.

I will stand up stronger at the next step.

I will not look back ever again at the next step.

I will plaster a smile on my face and be happy again at the last step.

As I shuffled past the stairs towards the looming door, Elsie and Henry burst through the door and latched it behind them putting their back against the hoard of reporters outside the house.

They would have seen me if I hadn't ducked near the giant flower vase kept by the wall. They locked the door and hurried up the stairs.

I slowly stood up. I guess going out the front door wasn't a viable option. Back door it is then.

I turned around to go out the back but crashed into someone. After taking a second to adjust I realized it was Mrs.Cannon.

Well, there goes my great escape plan.

"Mrs.Cannon... I...Was...um just making my way out the back."

She looked at me, but she had a weird look in her eyes. If I didn't know better I would have thought she was sporting a look of remorse. But I did know better and she presumably knew the entire plan to bring down my dad and stood by it.

"This is not how I wanted things to go down dear..."

I didn't understand a single word and didn't have the time to either because I heard thudding footsteps. I need to make a run for it before they find me.

"Nice to meet you Mrs.Cannon. But I got to get going now..."

I rushed past her towards the kitchen. The house would be impossible to navigate if its layout wasn't exactly like mine. After all we were neighbors.

I speed walked into the kitchen and sprinted towards the kitchen door that led directly into the backyard. This wouldn't be the first time I had to jump from back yard to back yard to dodge the media.

I ignored the looks the kitchen staff were giving me. Turned around and jumped up the white fence landing neatly on my feet into the adjoining house's back yard.

It took a while to reach my yard, but I eventually did. As luck would have it, the paps weren't smart enough to come to my house for questioning yet. But I decided to play it safe and took the back door into the house instead. 

All I needed to do now is find a phone and call Arabelle. But, where is the phone?

I circle my way around the house trying to find a phone...My eyes square in on a square object lying near a statue. Bingo that's a phone!