Grotesque PDA

"Elsie, could you please tell us where exactly we are headed and why you haven't said a single word since we came out of the house?"

As expected there was no response. Not even a non-committal grunt. I looked at Henry thinking that maybe he could make a break-through.

But as soon as I looked at him he waved his hands in the air signalling that he was out. Coward.

"Elsie? Come on we should go check out Mor's house..."

Again no response. She just kept walking straight ahead in the direction away from Mor's house and towards the streets.

The sound of an oncoming notification rang up somebody's phone. My phone wasn't with me because I had forgotten it amidst the heated discussion back home which I will not think about right now. Or talk about ever again. So it was either Henry's or Elsie's.

Henry checked his phone but it was already on 5% and even though he was an upcoming rock star literally no one texted him but me. At least not on his private number.

He does occasionally receive graphically passionate texts on his social media accounts which are handled by his agent. And unfortunately I had seen a few of those.

Just thinking about them made me shudder.

While Henry cried about the fact that his phone had been on 50% the last time he checked it, I noticed Elsie checking her phone and grimacing.

"Henry shut up! please. What was in the text Els?"

She looked at me and then at Henry. And then in one swift motion sprinted towards the street.

If we were in a cartoon Henry and I would have been standing in the smoke left behind by Elsie's incredible speed.

It took us a few moments to race after her. She abruptly stopped at the sidewalk and bent down to catch her breath.

"What....is.....going...on ?"

Elsie looked up at me and I could see she was slightly afraid. She had bad news.

"Mor isn't at home she ran away. Again. I don't know where she is going or if she's alone."

This is all my fault. If I hadn't been a coward in front of my father and would have just explained everything to Mor when I had the chance she wouldn't have hated me. I made her run away from her house. Again.

As much as I wanted to rush back to my house and punch my father in the face this wasn't the time to think about all that. We had to act.

"Okay then let's not waste time then. Which way do you think they went?"

Henry finally catches up and collapses on the floor with his face down on the asphalt.

And apparently the entire female population had a crush on this guy right here. *sigh*

"Well based on the direction of the wind, the broken sticks in the corner, and the slight disturbance in the dirt. I guess they went that way!" Elsie said while pointing towards the buildings.

I could see the little smirk Elsie had on her face. She was obviously kidding but Henry oblivious to her expression stood right up and stared at her face like she was a renaissance painting.

"Babe you really figured it out from all that?"

His face was awestruck. The only thing missing was a slacking jaw. Elsie burst out laughing and I had the heart to chuckle a little as well.

"No you idiot. I think these are tire marks. And from what I know nobody in this neighborhood has a car that leaves tire marks on the asphalt. So that brings me to conclusion that one it wasn't a car and two it didn't belong to anyone in this neighborhood."

well that was an excellent observation. Why hadn't I thought of that ?

"jokes apart that was a very good observation Elsie!"

She looked at us with her eyebrows raised.

"Well ?"

Realization hit me and I saw Henry's face light up as well. And the three of us yelled the same name,

"David!"

I shook my head. Of course Mor would manipulate the poor country boy into helping her escape. I should have thought of that before.

"So now that we know she's not alone what do we do? Did anyone take his number?"

Henry shook his head and Elsie looked disappointed. Everything had happened so fast that we never had the time to take Henry's number. I vaguely remembered what his truck looked like but that wouldn't help.

We were all standing there scratching our heads trying to figure out a solution to find them.

"BCN-8827," Henry mumbled.

Elsie looked at Henry and suffices to say we were both confused as to why he was uttering random alphabets and numbers.

"I mean I did get his plate number, BCN-8827."

It was my turn to guffaw. How in the hell did Henry the one who is always out of it, manage to not only look at the license plate but actually memorize it?

I didn't even have time to react because Elsie jumped up in his arms and kissed him.

And let me just tell you this, I have never heard anyone make sounds like the one's that were being produced.

I had to walk away from them. I don't think I can ever get the image out, though.

I wonder if Mor was alright. Or if she hated me. If she did I wouldn't blame her.

Even though David was a good guy. I couldn't help but think if she was safe with him alone. He wouldn't do anything. But if he does... I will...

Okay not me in particular but I will have my men rain hell upon him.

I couldn't keep thinking about this anymore. Time to break up the love birds.

"Okay guys come on let's stop with the grotesque display of love in public."

Elsie finally let go of Henry, flashed him a smirk and walked away.

Needless to say he looked like a kid who had just finished a ride on the fastest roller coaster.

Gosh I don't know how I even got stuck with these two!

"Hey hen repeat the number for me again." Elsie chimed in after a few moments.

She was vigorously typing on her phone.

"It's BCN-8827. But what will you do with it ?" Henry and I both looked at her.

"Well you see my naive yet extremely smart boyfriend, I have contacts in high places. And I think this particular contact can give us the information we need."

I pat Henry's back and tip my head in appreciation towards Elsie.

I actually think we could find Mor before it's too late.

Come to think of it these two aren't that bad.

"But...while we wait, " I could see the devilish smirk on Elsie's face.

Henry gulped and well let's just say the disgusting thing they were doing before just resumed.

I take back all my appreciation. They are that bad.

If this continues, I need counselling to be mentally sound again.