It's time I faced my demons

"Nash! Morgan!"

"Nash! Morgan!"

Our time together had been interrupted by  frantic screaming .... yet again.

"Your...Dad..."

Henry was bending down with his hands on his knees and panting. Elsie was right behind him leaning against a tree trying to catch her breath.

I had no idea what these two were talking about. But judging from their anxious tone it seemed serious.

"What happened?"

Henry straightened himself and tried to calm his racing heart.

"Arabelle called..."

My heart stopped at those words. Why the hell is Arabelle calling and how did she know where I was.

Elsie had regained her breath too.

"Mor...your dad has been detained for apparently breaching an official contract."

Nash's eyes darted to my face. I don't think I heard her right. My dad was arrested?

This is all because of me.

I'm the reason my dad is suffering.

I'm a selfish person.

He detests me now.

"Morgan look at me... Listen to me none of this is your fault okay?"

Nash was gripping my shoulders tightly.

I could very easily take a step into the raging abyss again but some tether was restraining me back. I was trying to pull free, but the tether was strong.

It was Nash. He was keeping me sane. He was holding me back from losing myself again.

"Breathe... I'm right here... It's okay."

My mind quieted. The murmurs were still there. But they weren't shouting anymore.

I didn't even know I had spoken until the words toppled out of my mouth.

"We need to go back."

The wind whipped my hair all over my face, but I kept my gaze fixed on Nash.

Elsie and Henry were wide eyed but Nash was smiling.

I guess I am a selfish person.

"No we will leave right now."

Nash scrunched his forehead but looked back at Henry. Henry understood whatever code language they were speaking in and started walking back towards the cottage.

Elsie followed Nash but not before looking back and smiling at me.

She mouthed 'I'm right here' and started walking up the trail back to the cottage.