An episode of dynasty

A few hours ago in the Cannon house

She refused to look at the general direction of me. I desperately wanted to tell dad to shut up and just clasp Mor's hand and march out of the house.

But years of fear and oppression created by Mr.Michael Cannon rendered me speechless and glued my limbs to the floor.

In a way I was glad Mor couldn't see how hopeless I looked right now.

My dad was striking the deal because that's exactly what he had wanted from the start. And since he was a businessman he made sure he made it all looked pre-planned and roped me into his ridiculous deal.

Not only does the one girl I have loved doesn't want to look at me but I am sure she despises me.

And why should she not? I am a pathetic excuse for a boyfriend, but I am definitely not even in the general vicinity of a friend.

I wasn't really paying any attention to the conversation or should I say business deal going down between Mor and dad.

But I woke up from my self-loathing just in time to see Mor turn around and leave through the door. She walked by from right in front.

I could still hold her hand and stop her and tell her I wasn't the one who did this. But I glimpsed my father's face and he was smiling but his eyes were fixed on me.

And I could read the anger in them. I returned my eyes back to Mor's retreating figure.

She stopped. Yes! She knows I didn't do it. She doesn't hate me.

She turns around and her eyes lock with my dads.

"Oh and Mr.Cannon...May you never find the cold side of your pillow.."

With that ultimate threat she turned around and left. I had a sudden feeling of complete emptiness overpower me.

Why does it feel like I will never see her again?

"Now Nash"

I shifted my eyes back to the tyrannous figure standing behind his oak desk.

"You will never talk back to me ever again you understand?"

I kept my eyes focused on his. He looked startled at that. I knew exactly why. Fundamental rule of talking to the big man, if he's talking to you keep your eyes set on the ground or face consequences.

Like when I was five and I didn't comprehend why I couldn't go to my friend's birthday party. But understood instantly after he threw his leather bound book at my head in utter rage.

He kept his eyes on me, and I could see the rage swirling behind them.

I took one step close to his oak desk. Then another and another until I was within hands reach of the desk.