Big romantic gesture

Well, I guess I could add sitting behind a cop car in the list of all the illegal things I have done since I decided to run away from home

Well, I guess I could add sitting behind a cop car in the list of all the illegal things I have done since I decided to run away from home. And let me tell you it isn't a short list either.

The charges against us kept echoing around in my mind. It was extremely quiet in the cruiser and since I was Morgan the literal human version of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. I tap the officers shoulder sitting in front of me.

He turns around. Damn he's hot. Focus Mor.

"Umm could you like umm I don't know turn the radio on maybe?"

He looked at me for a second. Then turned around and turned a knob in front.

The police radio started to stutter. Of course.

Ugh! I shouldn't have asked. In the present circumstances I am stuck listening to pointless static and sporadic intervals of officers talking in code.

I could see the cruiser that had David following close behind mine. I desperately wanted to talk to him and see what was going on in that brain of his.

The road ahead was deserted except for a few trees here and there. As we moved forward I saw my first set of headlights in the last five minutes.

The car was coming from the opposing direction. I wonder where they were going.

My thoughts kept drifting from David to Nash to my father. Needless to say they were all over the place. Not deep enough to put me in a spiral but still annoying. I envy the people who could just shut their brains up whenever they want.

The car in front of us was pretty close now. It looked like a fancy one because it's headlights were pretty low.

Everything was fine but then our cruiser was getting dangerously close to the car in front of us. And nobody was slowing down or swerving. I held onto my seatbelts and waited for what was about to happen.

The last second the car in front of us stopped, and the officer driving pressed the brakes. There was confusion on both the officer's faces. The one sitting in the passenger seat got out of the car to investigate.

The door of the car in front us opened and out stepped a figure. Tall and lanky, I couldn't make much out because it was overcast and the officer was obscuring the light.

They seemed to be talking about something. It was presumably some tourist seeking directions.

But then the passenger side of the car opened and a female figured stepped out. Brunette hair, slim figure and heels.

Oh my god! It's Elsie. What?

She got out of the car and stood beside the man. The officer obstructing him turned around and turned towards the car pointing at the other police officer to come out.

And that is when I gained a proper look at the man. It was Henry! And Elsie! What is happening?

Am I on drugs? Am I dead? Is this an alien abduction