4

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

You groaned and turned your alarm off, rolling off the bed with a thud. "Ouch." You muttered and stumbled to the bathroom, and only remembering the state of your leg when you put pressure on it.

You were careful to limp around after that, and freshened up quickly, washing your face and whatnot. You brushed your teeth before heading down for breakfast. Grandma was fast asleep when you passed her room, and you closed the door quietly. She didn't wake up until you were gone to school anyways.

You made myself and your new found friends some fried rice for lunch and packed it, while munching away on your pancakes. You wrote a note for your grandma to tell her the batter was in the fridge and to call you if she needed anything.

Your phone was with you in class anyways and it's not like you cared if you got in trouble. You brushed your teeth again, being quite paranoid about having bad breath and wore your uniform, throwing on an oversized hoodie to keep you warm, at least until you reached the school.

You grabbed your phone, keys, purse and schoolbag before heading outside, attempting not to hurt your leg any further.

You were five minutes early, but Kageyama was ready and waiting even then. "Geez how long have you been there for?" You asked.

"Only a few minutes, don't worry about it."

"Did you have breakfast? Want something to drink? Juice? Water?" You bombarded him with questions.

"I had breakfast, but some milk would be nice." He responded.

You went back inside and got him milk in a disposable cup so he could throw it out on your way.

Much like yesterday, he helped you walk with his arm around your waist, which helped you balance. With his other hand, he enjoyed his milk.

You took a while, and you were glad you'd decided to leave early because you only arrived at school at the time you normally do, meaning you still had to rush a little.

Hinata approached us, bouncing over and asking if you were okay. "Of course, it's nothing big. My grandma said it'll heal in a few days."

He looked relieved and offered to buy you lunch again but you shook your head. "I actually made lunch in the morning, for all of us. You, me, Yukio and Kageyama. You in?" You asked and the two boys nodded eagerly at the mention of homemade food.

"So (l/n), do you want to come to volleyball practice again or is it too soon?" Hinata asked sheepishly.

"I'd love to come again, I'll make sure Yukio doesn't run away this time."

"I heard my name?" She called.
Speak of the devil.

"Ah! Yukio! (L/n) was just saying she wouldn't let you run away from practice today." Hinata chuckled.

"You!" With narrowed eyes and crossed arms, you threw a childish tantrum. "You left me to suffer with a broken  leg all by myself yesterday!"

"Oh quit being so dramatic my lovely (f/n), your grandma called me last night and told me all about your sprained ankle and how you'd be back to normal in no time." She ruffled your hair.

'Count on grandma to stop me from  earning any pity points.'  You sighed.

"So, Kageyama-kun. You walked her home yesterday did you? I hope you didn't try anything funny."

"Yukio!" Your voice was high pitched and surprised. "Not you too."

She laughed. "I'm only kidding, Kageyama. Everyone knows you only have heart eyes for strawberry milk and volleyball."

You actually didn't know the strawberry milk part, but you'd keep it in mind. "Let's head to class shall we?" You suggested and we mass migrated to the classroom.

Sensei came in shortly afterwards and school continued as per usual. Lunch was the only thought keeping you going.

The bell rang, signalling the start of lunch and you scrambled to your feet, grabbing your books and bag and telling Yukio to get the others while you saved a table.

Of course, you'd forgotten about the state of your leg and failed to get seats on time. When Yukio arrived with the shrimp and the raven head, you looked at them apologetically. "We could eat on the roof."

"(F/n) you know that's where Kenji and his gang hang out." Yukio warned.

"It's fine, they won't do anything." You said confidently. "I doubt they forgot me that quickly." Hinata and Kageyama gave each other puzzled looks but shrugged and followed.

Hinata was beginning to clutch his stomach and whine about needing the bathroom and Kageyama yelled at him about being a dumbass. You shook your head at them, but an easy smile was resting on your face.

With Yukio's help, you climbed onto the roof with no difficulty and waited for them to climb up.

Kenji looked right at you with narrowed eyes but when he realised who he was glaring at, his eyes widened. "(F-f/n)-chan! Haha! What brings you here?" He stuttered.

"Oh stop shitting me Kenji. Don't act like we're friends, I'm eating lunch and that's about all you need to know." He fell silent and you heard Yukio attempt to stifle her giggles.

"We'll get out of your hair then." He mumbled and left with his minions, none of them daring to look you in the eyes.

"Woah! (L/n) how did you do that? You looked so cool!" Hinata gushed.

You laughed it off. "Oh it's nothing."

"Nothing? My girl (f/n) here beat Kenji to an absolute pulp for trying to make moves on me and he hasn't been able to breathe around her since!" Yukio boasted on your behalf.

"(L/n)! THATS AMAZING!"

You were laughing hard now, "It really was nothing."

"Not bad for someone who's as clumsy as you. Did you break any bones in the process that time?" Kageyama snickered.

"Oh yeah." You smirked. "I broke a few of his." Hinata high fived you when you'd said that and you pulled out your lunch. "Ready to eat?"

They all nodded and pulled out forks and prepared to dig in.

"Thank you for the food!" They chorused and we pigged out.

~•~

I can't believe I'm writing this even though im half asleep. You guys better love me for this.

Once your (reader's) leg heals, things will get way more comfortable and by then I hope I'll have some built up chemistry to work with so I can start making it more romantic than just friends.

Until next time,
Stay fabulous babes xo