18

You were at volleyball practice, watching Karasunos team with focused eyes, admiring their talents.

Kenji had asked to walk home with you, but you'd declined and said maybe another day. You and Kageyama hadn't stopped walking home together and it became some sort of unspoken deal that only the two of you would walk home with each other.

It had been a week since the incident of you forcing Kenji to parade around the school looking like a girl but in the end, Kenji had taken a change for the better. Slowly, he was welcomed into your circle. Kageyama was slow to agree but Yukio and Hinata were on board immediately.

You didn't blame Kageyama for being weary, but you knew a changed person when you saw one. "(F/n)! (F/n)! What are you doing here around all these hormone crazed teenage boys?!" You turned around and saw Kenji and laughed.

"You're a hormone crazed teenage boy you thunder struck goose." You responded. "I'm helping out with their practice. It's fun."

He looked thoughtful and then said, "I'll help too! You said it's fun right?"

"Kenji go home."

"But (f/n)!"

"You don't even like volleyball. You called it the most boring sport on the planet. I don't think this club would be all over the fact that you hate the sport they're so passionate about. Go home." You ordered.

He sighed in defeat and waved a quick bye to you and headed for the gym doors. And that's when their break started.

"Good work everyone! Hinata get over here you look like you'll drown in your own sweat. Tsukishima, drinking water won't kill you. You guys are doing so well!" You gushed over them and tended to the team alongside Kiyoko. This actually made you very happy. You loved seeing these boys do what they loved.

You didn't know Kenji was still glancing at you from the gym door, a look of admiration on his face. And you certainly didn't know his sudden change in behaviour was all for you.

Smiling to himself, he headed home, glad to have mended his friendship with him. "Soon." Kenji told himself. "Soon, I'll tell her how I feel."

~•~

Despite what people may think, you weren't an open book. You were open about things that you chose to speak of. But poeple couldn't see through you. You were smarter than you let on in that sense.

"Don't mind don't mind! Keep going Tobio!" You called, when his serve was received. "Nishinoya, that was a great receive!" You praised much to Kageyama's annoyance since it was Nishinoya who stopped his serve from scoring.

Laughing at his face, you stuck your tongue out at him playfully. "Thanks (f/n)! I'll treat you to ice cream!" Nishinoya grinned and you punched the air.

"FREE FOOD! Thank you~"

Seeing how hyper you got, Tanaka joined in. "I'll buy you brownies with the ice cream!" He offered and you swore your eyes were heart shaped in that moment.

"You two are the absolute best! Thank you thank you thank youuu!"

The two second years grinned proudly, happy to see you so excited.

Soon after practice was over, you were dragged away by the second years for free food. "Tobio! Hurry up, if I'm in a good mood I might share."

His ears perked up at the sound of possibly getting free food and he made a mental note to be extra nice to you. "Coming." You heard him say before jogging to catch up to you.