22

Kageyama helped himself to the food and the team ate. Everyone was noisy but that was expected from a large group of teenagers.

"Hey, thanks, (f/n)." He whispered to you while the others were distracted with food or conversation.

You only smiled. "This is the teams surprise party, I only helped organise it but it was Hinata's idea. I've got something for you later."

"Huh?"

"You'll see, Tobio. You'll see."

~•~

You and Kageyama were headed in the direction of your house but you didn't head inside. "That was your early surprise birthday party. When it's midnight, it'll be your actual birthday and you're only getting your gift then. And I've planned something else anyways! Come with me."

Kageyama was done with trying to figure out where you were going and he knew you sure as hell wouldn't tell him so he decided to trust you.

You ended up at the train station, and Kageyama had quit asking questions, instead, you were engaging in pleasant conversation. As pleasant as he could possibly get anyways.

"So she stuck gum in your hair?" He laughed.

He'd been laughing more often recently, but even if he laughed every second you didn't think it would stop the feeling it gave you. His laugh was loud, contagious.

One might even say, sexy.

"Yeah she got mad at me for 'stealing her man' and stuck chewing gum in my hair. And we were 10."

"She and I would get along."

"Excuse me?"

"We'd both team up to piss you off." He shrugged.

"Only difference being, I'd beat her up after being patient for an hour. But I'd beat you up within seconds Tobio."

"Ouch, why the hate?"

"You get special treatment, Milk Boy."

The train arrived then, and we got on.

"Wan a tell me where we're headed yet, (f/n)?"

"Nope. You'll see." Was all you'd tell him, quite excited for the surprise you'd prepared.

"You're so annoying."

"Tell me me something I don't know."

"You're pretty."

"I know that, dumbass. I'm not blind."

"Wow, thought you'd get all flustered." He wasn't entirely wrong, I was doing somersaults on the inside but I couldn't let it show. So I played it off like I always would.

"Well surprise, surprise. I'm well aware of my good looks, Milk Boy."

"I meant pretty compared to the aliens they show in movies. Y'know, the ones with blue and purple skin and antennae? You look better than tho-"

"There's no saving yourself. You complimented me and that's that Tobio~" You laughed.

"I guess I did." He sighed.

The train came to a stop a few times, and you checked your phone to make sure you were getting off at the right spot.

You led him off the train and kept your focus on your phone and the path you were taking. You weren't familiar with this route in the dark since you'd only been her when it was bright outside.