23

Two days were over in a flash and you were up bright and early on Christmas eve, making preparations for a huge dinner for the volleyball team.
You knew first hand how much they ate, and you didn't blame them.
Good food was good food.

Your grandma was feeling tired, and so you told her to sleep in, inviting a few of your friends over to help you out instead.

You invited Yukio, Kiyoko, Kenji, and Sugawara. Kenji was 'watching his figure' and so you trusted him not to go poking at all the food you were making, and Suga was just too helpful to ever trouble you and you could seriously use some help in the kitchen.

You really liked Kageyama, but you weren't enough of an idiot to let him near food and not expect him to eat it.

Your friends came over pretty quickly and everything sped up then. You had prepared a feast.

There was fried chicken, fried rice, stir fried noodles, sushi, sweet and sour chicken, spicy noodles and everything else imaginable.

You had chicken lollipops for starters and a few different desserts. You made sure to have strawberry shortcake, a special request from Tsukishima and to your delight, you didn't mess it up. You made brownies and a sponge cake and bought cookies from the stores nearby and all your friends lent you a hand.

Suga was great at giving instructions and Kenji was surprisingly good at following them. Yukio and Kiyoko were familiar with these recipes and didn't find it difficult to adjust to where all your cutlery and pots and pans were.

Your grandma showed up later on too, fixing up anything she didn't think was up to standard and pat you on the back. "Nice work (f/n)!"

You were tired, and told your friends to take a power nap with you. Suga and Kenji crashed on the couch and you laid out a mattress and blankets. Yukio and you cuddled immediately and Kiyoko was a little more hesitant but eventually joined he cuddle sesh and you passed out asleep.

It was 5 pm when you woke up and the volleyball team were to arrive in an hour. You shuffled around the house, taking the quickest shower of your life, getting dressed and waking up the others before opening the door.

To your surprise, it was Kageyama. Since when wad he early? There was another 30 minutes to go.

You seized this opportunity to take in his appearance. He was dressed in blue jeans and a black button up shirt with his sleeves rolled up to show his forearms.
To say he looked like a snack was an understatement.
He looked better than the whole three course meal you'd prepared.

Your hair on the other hand was drenched and you had yet to dry it. You were in a simple black halter dress with a flashy belt to complete the look.

Kageyama seemed to notice your damp hair and reached out to touch it. "Don't get sick." He said, nudging you towards your room. "I'll wait with the others on the couch."

You didn't waste time and pulled he mattress you were sleeping on, away from the living rom before going upstairs to get dressed. "Make yourself at home Tobio." You called.

You quickly dried and straightened your (h/l) hair to stop it from frizzing and it hung loosely around your face. You tucked away any flyaways and applied a thin layer of makeup.

You were satisfied with the look and extremely grateful that you'd managed to shave quickly in the shower without any cuts, and you stuffed your feet into fluffy slippers.

On your way out, you caught sight of the cow plushie resting on your study chair. "Stay put Milk Boy Jr. I'll be back after the dinner." You said quietly and ushered Yukio and Kiyoko into your room so they could get dressed.

You greeted hw guess who came in clumps. Daichi came alone, but you figured that's because Suga was at your house. Asahi, Noya and Tanaka came together. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi arrived together with Hinata trailing behind them, a dejected look on his face. Probably a result of something Tsukishima said.

Eventually, everyone arrived and at first it was simple, pleasant conversation about how nice everyone's outfits were and whatnot. After a few minutes though, it got loud and laughter filled very inch of your house.

Your grandma was very pleased, happy to see all your friends and it seemed like she was happy it their behaviour too. They were polite but not fake, they were comfortable around her, enough to crack a few jokes here and there.

You asked Kenji to go to the store room and grab your two bottles of Coke to keep on he table. While everyone was busy talking amongst themselves, you set the table, helping your grandmother.

"Everyone! Dinner is ready!" You called. It didn't take them long to all be seated, and Kenji and Kageyama sat of either side of you who Yukio across from you.

Before everyone dug in, Daichi stood up to make a toast to you, with a wine glass filled to the brim with coke. You were all kids and not too into drinking, apart from Kenji but even he'd tined down his alcohol habits.

"(F/n), we'd like to thank you and your grandma for inviting us to share this meal together."

"I couldn't have done it without any help. And it's amazing to have you all over at my house! I love you guys to death and Tanaka I hear your stomach rumbling so let's get started on the food shall we?" The team cheered and you couldn't hold back a smile.

This was a little family of our own. One we'd all created. You were out of your seat in a jiffy and running around serving when Kageyama joined you. "It'll be faster this way." He said and you attempted to protest.

"You're a guest right now this isn't right-"

"Cute slippers by the way." He interrupted and easily took he tray from your hands and walked out of the kitchen, leaving you glancing at you feet.

Damn it I forgot to take off the fluffy slippers.

~•~

Double update since I haven't updated recently oopsss

WHOOP this chapter is kinda boring im sorry guys I just needed to have this part in the book to get it over with but next chapter will have more dialogue so it'll be a little better ayyoooo

Stay fabulous babes xo