Celebration of Life

"A million words would not bring you back, I know because I tried. Neither would a million tears, I know because I cried." - Unknown

As Willow

With Milo's help, we decided to hold a celebration of life ceremony instead of a traditional funeral for Liz.  Liz didn't have any close relatives instead we invited the Grayson Enterprise employees.  They've all worked with Liz for years and they all loved her.  Liz was always there to help everyone that needed her.  I compiled a guest list and sent out invitations.  Milo asked me "Are you going to invite your mom?"  I dry laughed "Why?  You think she'll come?"  I haven't spoken to my mom since Liz has been gone.  I know it's not fair to my mom but somehow I keep thinking she is behind the killing.  The police still hasn't found anything, no leads.  My dad seems to be doing better.  He has his bad and good days.  I would find him at home staring into empty space with tears in his eyes at times. Amelia has been helping with the twins and she has moved in to Liz's house for the time being.  The twins are such good babies, they hardly cry and they are just adorable.   Adrian has been coming to Liz's place as much as he could too.  He knows Milo is around almost everyday now and I have a feeling that he wants to avoid him if possible.   Surprisingly... my dad always asks for Milo when he isn't around "Is Milo coming tonight?"  I sit down next to him "Yes... he will be here a little later.  Do you need him for something?"  He shakes his head "No... just want someone to smoke a cigar with me."  I smile at him "I can smoke cigars with you if you like daddy."  He squeezes my hand "It's okay darling... I'll wait for Milo.  Why don't you have a drink with me instead."  I get up to pour us a glass of whiskey "Here daddy."  I sit down again next to him "Milo and I already sent out the invitations to everyone for Liz's ceremony.  Everything is taken care of so you don't have to worry daddy."  He takes a sip of his whiskey "Thank you sweetheart.  I really appreciate it."  Amelia comes out with the twins in her arms "They just woke up."  I smile "How do you even carry two babies at the same time, you are amazing Amelia." She brings the twins over "Let me hold Madox and daddy you can hold Matthew."  After we have the babies in our arms, Amelia says "I'm going to warm up their milk, you two can feed them."  My dad says quickly "I don't know how to bottle feed babies."  Amelia smiles "It's time you learn Mr. Grayson."  I giggle "Daddy... it's okay.  You will get the hang of it.  How are you going to help take care of my babies later on?"  He chuckles "In that case... bring it on."  I look at him "Bring it on?  When did you start speaking like that?"  He is really laughing now "I learned it from Milo."  I rolled my eyes "Please don't learn anything from him.  That guy is an ass."  Oops... did I just say that out loud.  I watch as my dad plays with Matthew, making funny faces at him and baby talking to him "Daddy... you know these boys are so lucky to have you as their daddy and Liz as their mommy.  I will make sure they know how beautiful and amazing their mother was."  My dad looks at Matthew and at Madox "They look just like Liz."  I look at them "They look like you too daddy.  I can already see how charming these boys will be."  Amelia comes back with the milk bottles "Here's one for you my child and one for you Mr. Grayson."  My dad takes the bottle "Please stop calling me Mr. Grayson.  You are not our maid anymore Amelia.  Call me Sheldon and thank you for helping us out.  I really wish you would take the money... it's so wrong that you are not being compensated."  Amelia scolds "You just said I'm not your maid and to call you Sheldon.  Now you want to pay me for taking care of the babies.  They are like grandchildren to me too.  You know Milo... I don't even think any woman would want to marry him at this point.  I might not even have grandchildren of my own."  My dad is feeding Matthew as he says "You know Milo is a good kid.  Don't be so hard on him.  He might seem like a hooligan on the outside... but he has a good heart."  I was super surprised how my dad's perception of Milo took a 360 degree turn overnight.  Amelia was shocked too I can tell "Sheldon... you have to tilt the bottle a little bit higher."  He answers "Yes Ma'me."  I look at my dad and I'm so happy to see him smiling once again.