Recurrence

"When it rains, it pours. But you didn't even notice, it ain't rainin' anymore. It's hard to breathe when all you know is, the struggle of stayin' above the risin' water line." - Kacey Musgraves

As Willow

I received a call from Adrian and he told me Milo got so wasted at the function that they were both attending and I should go pick him up and take him home. He said he couldn't leave at the moment or else he would have taken him home. When I got there Adrian met up with me at the hotel lobby "I help him check into a hotel room so he can rest first, here's the key card. 15th floor, room 1598." I smiled at him "Thank you so much for watching out for Milo." He gave me a quick kiss on the lips "I'll see you later." As I was taking the elevator I was thinking to myself 'Milo is such a mess getting drunk in a function like that." I pressed the key card against the hotel door card reader, opened the door and walked in. The room was so dark, I turned on the lights and I can see him on the bed. I was about to jumped on him to scare him when I saw there was someone else in bed besides him. I looked closely and it was a girl "Milo... what the fuck?" He opens his eyes "Shorty what are you doing here? Where am I." Tears started to well up in my eyes, I just told him the other night to give me a little time and I would break things off with Adrian and now this "Why Milo?" He looked confused "What are you talking about?" I shook my head "This is just so typical of you Milo." I turned and left the room.

As I was about to leave the hotel, Adrian saw and ran after me "Where's Milo? I thought you were going to bring him home with you?" I looked at him "He's busy." He touched my arm gently "Is everything okay?" I smirked "Yea of course. Why wouldn't it be. I'm going to head home first." He asked me "You want me to go with you? I can leave now if you want me to." I shook my head and smiled at him "No it's okay. I'm going back to Liz's." He leaned over and kissed my temple "I'll see you tomorrow then."

While I'm in the cab I start thinking about a lot of things. I have no right to be mad at Milo but yet I am. I just don't understand why he cannot wait a little longer until we can be together again. He has to jump into bed with a random girl he met at a business function? It just seemed so strange to me knowing that he waited this long for me already why did he sleep with someone else tonight. I hear a ding from my phone, it's a text message from Milo "Shorty... please let me explain. It isn't what you think. I'm serious." I reply "I'll be at Liz..." I should hear him out, with him it's always 'it's not what you think.'

----------------------------

As Milo

I ran out of the hotel so fast. I didn't even remember how I checked into the room and with a girl that I didn't even remember talking to? I text Willow as soon as I am in the cab and she tells me she will be a Liz. At least she is not ignoring me but I'm still confused as hell as the moment. What the fuck really happened to me? I remembered having a couple of shots with Adrian and then I ended up in bed with a girl. Maybe Adrian could tell me what happened but right now, I need to talk to Willow. When I am almost at Liz, Willow texts me "Don't ring the bell, everyone is asleep. I will leave the door open for you."

When I am finally at Liz, Willow is at the outside patio sitting on a chair. I walk over and sit down next to her "Hey shorty." She glances at me "Hey Milo." I cannot tell if she is angry with me because her voice is so soft spoken "I want to explain to you what happened." She has her knees pulled to her chest with her chin resting on her knees "You really don't have to Milo... you are free to sleep with anyone. We are not together you know." I need her to hear me out "I have no idea why I was in bed with that girl. I don't know her and I don't even remember seeing her there. I was having shots with Adrian and the next thing I knew... I saw you in the hotel room and there was that girl in bed with me. I can't even remember checking into the room at all." She says "Adrian was the one that got the room for you." I am getting even more confused now "Then how did the girl get into the room?" She rolls her eyes "Only you would know that right?" I get up from my chair and I go stand in front her "This doesn't make sense to me at all. I will have to ask Adrian because he would know what happened." She sighs "It's okay Milo... don't worry about it anymore. I am going to bed." She gets up from the chair and starts walking away "Shorty... please. You are leaving soon to Europe... can we spend more time together." She nods "Sure Milo...let's go to my room."