Surprise at work

When I thought my day couldn't get worse, it did.

~

You have a photo shoot tomorrow. You always loved being a model because you work when you want to. This time it was for ELLE Korea magazine. Your manager calls you and makes sure you're still available and coming. She's used to you cancelling last minute because you're a picky person. You like to only work for the best. You tell her of course you're still coming it's freaking Elle magazine! She tells you to be prepared because you'd get paired up with a male model for one of the shots, to which you tell her doesn't affect your ability to model.

Morning comes, you're still sleeping. It's 4am and Johnny leaves for the SM studio, you're still sleeping. He kisses you on the forehead before leaving and says "have a good day at work babe. Be good to your manager don't give her a hard time" you kind of wake up but you're too tired to reply so instead you moan and fall back asleep. Johnny laughs with his beautiful smile and heads out. You're alone.

Your alarm goes off. It's 7am. You're supposed to be there by 9am and stay there the entire day. You get up, brush your teeth, wash your face, and get dressed. You don't need to dress too nicely or have makeup on because the makeup artists and stylists do that for you anyway. You leave around 7:30am and take the subway to the model agency. It takes about an hour to get there but you forgot your wallet. You freak out. You were so tired this morning because you couldn't sleep last night. Johnny was giving you a lecture on how you need to be nicer to your manager. She works so hard but you're always giving her a hard time. But you tell him it's how you and her are. She's like the cute manager type that freaks out for no reason. You like to be free and careless. So you kind of were too upset to sleep with him and went to bed late. A regret you have now.

Your day isn't starting well but thankfully you always carry an extra credit card with you in your phone. So now you're a bit late and run to the subway station. But it's too late. Your train just left. You're desperate and screaming. Wow. This only happens to me ugh. You try to look at when the next train comes. You don't see the departures anywhere. You're looking and looking. Thinking to yourself oh no. I'm late I need to hurry. You want to cry. Then you see a worker. "Excuse me! Sir! When's the next sub going south?" He replies and tells you not for another hour. But you can't wait that long.

At this point you want to give up and go home. But you remember how Johnny was telling you to stop giving your manager a hard time so you actually make a last effort to get there. It's now 8:15am and you catch a taxi. It should take about 50 minutes by car. You'll be a little late but you absolutely wanted to make it today. You didn't want to take a taxi though because they're really expensive for a long ride like this one but you have no choice.

Your manager is calling you like crazy wondering where in the world you are. You tell her to relax you're on your way. She says all the other models are here already and she's embarrassed her model isn't. To which you're reassuring her you're almost there. You finally arrive. It's 9:30am you rush to the makeup room and sit at one of the makeup booths.

Manager: [speaking fast] so you have 3 outfit changes. 100 shots per outfit and they'll pick the best one for the cover. Remember one is with a guy and one is a bikini shot, you'll have to—
You: yeah yeah yeah I get it. I'll be fine. Thanks.
Manager: I'm only catching you up because you were late.
You: [remembering to be nice for Johnny] sorry. I'm having a bad day. I forgot my wallet so I had to go to an atm since the subway only takes cash which made me miss my train. Then I couldn't find my way to a map and I realized it was too late and I had to catch a taxi and—
Manager: okay okay okay I see. You had a rough start but thanks for showing up at least.

Your manager gets pouty because you're not listening but she's used to it. She lets you be. Your makeup is now done. You changed into your first outfit. The theme is summery so that's why you're shooting in a bikini, a casual outfit and ... WHAT? A wedding dress?! With a man too?

You're shocked. You didn't know it was a wedding summer theme for the August issue. But you've always wanted to be a bride so you don't mind. The dress is absolutely stunning. It's the newest Chanel series for the upcoming wedding season. You're so excited. At least one thing is going right. You're in a good mood and come out to see who you'd be paired up with ...

You saw his face and just couldn't move. You froze right there with your eyes stuck on his. He stared back at you with a confident look. Just like that, your day got worse.

~

To be continued.