A New Professor

It was my first day of my sophomore year at West State University in California, I am majoring in music, I have done all my academics for this year throughout the summer so I can focus on music, and I plan on doing this through these next 2 years also.

I walk to the University, my apartments are just a block away so that is very convenient.

I walk up the steps to the front doors and go to the registrars office to get my schedule printed.

"Hello, Mrs. Stan I am here to get my printed copy." I say as I walk up to the desk. "Ah, yes Destiany, How was your summer?" she asks as she looking down at her computer. 

"It went by quickly, just working and singing really." I say as she grabs my paper off the printer and hands it to me. "Summer went in a blink of an eye, you have a good year Destiany." 

"I will and you do the same Mrs. Stan!" I say as I stroll out the door. 

The door closes behind me as I put my headphones in my ears and turn up the volume to hear BTS playing. I look at my schedule and see my three classes on my schedule for the year.

                      Music theory: Mrs. Robin

                     Singing Lessons: Mrs.Rob

                      Video editing: Mr. Taylor

I gaze down the paper seeing two familiar people, and one not so familiar, Mr. Taylor. He must be  new, I think as I start walking to the music and fine art building, building 500. 

I hum along to the sound of Jungkooks solo in their song 'Butterfly' as I walk into the building to my first class.

Let's hope this first day goes well.