Listen to me

It was Saturday, the day of our supposed to be date. I was pissed.

I took a shower and put on my sweat pants and t shirt.

I walk out and to Justice and Sarahs apartment, I knock on the door and Colby answers.

I roll my eyes and shove past him, "Where are they" I ask.

"Uh, Sarah is in the kitchen, Justice is in the-" I stop him.

"AYE GET YOUR ASS AND FLAT ASSES IN HERE" I yell, and get responses, "Hey, don't call me out" and "I am coming" Justice yells.

Colby just stand there, I stare at him and say "Don't ask what's wrong, go ask your "brother" Brennen." I say and he gave me a confused look and walked out.

"Destiany what happened yesterday?" Justice says and Sarah nods.

"Well, I got out of singing lessons early and I walked to Brennens class and he was fucking Mrs. Heel." I say.

"She is my second class, y'all we planin a murder?" Justice says.

Sarah laughed, "Brennen is wrong for that, you are going to sing your heart out on Monday and you will slay that shit, show him what he is missing."

I nod and we decide not to talk about it anymore and watch some Netflix, when Colby walks in and sits next to Sarah.

It got quiet and Colby says, "Destiany, I think you need to talk to Brennen. I think it is mixed around and you came in at the wrong time."

"He was fucking her Colby." Sarah comes back at him.

"I heard his side, Destiany you have to talk to him." Colby added sternly.

"I have a solo to think about now. It is over my head for right now." I say and look back at the screen.

"Okay, just think about it please." Colby says as I ignore it.

It was a late night and I decided to go back home, and fed Mello and went to bed.

Sunday was slow, I mostly watched Netflix and took Mello on a walk.

Monday rolled around, luckily I got to get out of my classes due to me being in the concert.

The whole day we practice and went on vocal rest.

Around five we were set up in the concert hall and got ready.

I looked at my phone to see that Sarah texted me.

We are here, all of us, and rooting for you.
He is here too, sing your heart out.

That didn't help my nerves at all, after the two choirs, and a Senior and Junior duet, Mrs. Rob came out on stage to say her speech to bring me in

"I hope you guys have enjoyed our wonderful choirs and lovely duet, we have one last piece for you, she is a sophomore, very rare to have a solo but she has shown so much potential and has worked so hard to get to where she is, this is Destiany Lee." She waves her hand toward me as I walk out, the crowd cheers.

I am in my element.

I sang, I sang my heart out.

I sang towards him, in the back, I yelled it to him.

My pure emotions, through to him.

When I was done, the crowd cheered, as a tear left my eye.

The concert was over, and I was engulfed in all my friends hugging me and cheering.

"You did amazing" they said.

I nodded and told them I would see them later.

As I was walking back to the choir room to get my stuff I was stopped.

"Destiany, wait."

I recognized the voice, paused, and kept walking. He ran up in front of me and I looked down.

"Please listen to me, you won't answer my calls, or texts." He pleads.

"I know." I say and shove past him.

"Please wait, you came in at the wrong time." He cries.

"Anytime is the wrong time." I bite back.

"Please, she threw her self on me. She has been up my ass since I came here."
he pleads more.

"You liked that didn't you?" I snap.

"No, please, give me another chance, let me make it up to you, I never stop think about you. She came on to me, we didn't fuck or anything, she was the one trying to get on to me." He stops.

I reply, "I can't just come running back to you, that, that thing what happened, hurt me, you can't just expect me to forgive that so easily, I am still hurt."

"I get that, just please, I want this to work. Us" he swayed his finger back and forth.

"I guess we will have to wait." I reply, and turn to get my stuff as he stays where he was.