Chapter 1

I kicked the bucket at the regretfully young age of seventeen, and it wasn't a particularly normal one, either.

For all of my life, I have never done anything I considered bad. Sure, I slept in class about once a week, but I always make sure to do so in different periods every day. I also never gave the teachers at my school too many difficulties, nor troubling my parents financially since I don't do drugs, smoke, visit the cinemas twice a week, nor buying new clothes at the drop of a hat. I only bought a bunch of anime merch or episodes about once a month. Which only cost about 100 dollars. 

Pretty sure that I did nothing to deserve death.

I was at my cousin's house to read the newest chapter of The Royal Tutor, which was released today. We often split the bill to purchase the newest chapter from Kindle, and we always meet at his house ever since his parents bought the shaved ice maker along with syrups. 

"About time. I was starting to think that you wouldn't come." My cousin Oliver grumbled when I walked in, hands diligently working the machine into a frenzy.

I rolled my eyes and look around when Oliver finish making our snack. He has a pet hamster—one that I'm not too fond of—named Heine after it's reddish-orange fur reminding us of the chibi tutor. As usual, I opened the cage a little and attempt to poke the animal in the ribs. And it'd try to bite me back without success because I'd always pulled back in time.

However, that didn't happen. The damn rodent really bit me.

"YEOWE!" I let out a startled cry as I quickly pulled back, but suddenly everything got dizzy. I crashed into a porcelain flower vase and fell on the floor.

"W-What's wrong?!" Oliver quickly abandoned the two cups on the table and rushed to where I am. Seeing me on the ground clutching my head and the various shards of ceramic on the floor, he yelled, "Dammit! You broke my mother's favorite vase!"

"So NOT the time!!" I roared back, and it was only then that he noticed the blood pouring from my head. Am I going to die soon? Everything felt dizzy.

"Oi, are you alright?!" Oliver rushes to my side and screamed, on the verge of tears, "You can't die! Who will I read chapter 82 with?! MOM!! CALL THE AMBULANCE!!"

"Read it by yourself," I grunted. Everything is blurry now, and I breathe in harsh, hurried gasps. Clutching Oliver's hand, which was frozen from making shaved ice, I looked at him in the face. He was crying as any twelve years old would do when someone is about to die, "Oliver...promise me—gck!"

Seeing me coughing up blood, Oliver nodded furiously, "Yes yes! I will keep your dad from throwing out your porn stack under the bed, I swear!! MOM!! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"No, not that you fool!" I screeched, "Promise me...that you will delete my web history."

Oliver sniffed. By now his mom has come downstair and was horrified to see me in such a state and called the ambulance. "But...you never told me the password!"

"It's 236—" I choked, before my vision completely shut down and I can feel no more pain. Before I lost consciousness completely, I heard Oliver yelled desperately, "NO!! Don't go!! 236—what?!"

On August 20th, 2019, Heine bit me to death. The End.

...

Or so I thought.

The next thing I ended up hearing after a long slumber was cries and echos of a woman yelling noises. And a baby crying. And then I felt the sensation of being lifted up—cradled—in someone's arms. And then I realized that the baby was me.