Chapter 4

Despite being pregnant, a Queen's still a Queen, and therefore has important duties to attend to. I don't remember us having a warm dinner like that again for quite the while. When we have the chance, someone keeps ending up missing out on the fun (Viktor more often than not). It was a little lonely for a while.

Eins spent most of his time studying nowadays and has banned me from entering his room when he's studying. I sure as hell don't know what has gotten in that jerk's brain but at least he's not too busy. Yet

I remembered from the manga that Eins is supposed to get more like Itachi when he's eleven, but that's still another four years away. Yikes.

Shadow the puppy was an interesting case. The puppy was incredibly active, and he often joins in with my various cases of mischief. Eins trained him to his satisfaction, and no longer rely on me as his personal pet (which the three years and four months old in me admittedly felt a little jealous about). Shadow was pretty clever, so he picked up most tricks faster than other dogs his age.

"Ah. It's tea time." I checked the large clock in the courtyard. Taking a seat with Shadow by my side, I called a maid over, "Since today's weather is nice, please get me the Royal Blue set along with some earl grey tea. For the cake, I'll just get my usual fried apple pies. Also, some quick snacks for Shadow will be appreciated."

The maid bowed professionally, "Understood, your Highness."

Not even ten minutes later, the maid finished arranging the table with freshly brewed tea and a plate of piping hot and flaky apple pies with a side of whipped cream. Shadow yipped in excitement at the bowl of snack placed by his side and began eating heartfully.

After finishing his food, the puppy rolled onto his stomach and slept away.

'Hmm. It doesn't taste the same as McDonald, but fine I suppose.' I chewed in bliss. Fried apple pie has been an absolute favorite of mine ever since I was young. Freaking McDonald decided to not sell it anymore because of 'customers' concerns'. 

Just then, I heard sniffles.

Muffled sniffles. Somewhere in the bushes. An intruder.

'Someone dared to interrupt my peaceful teatime?' I thought, offended, 'Though this voice sounds a little familiar.'

"Who's there?!" I barked out sharply, and the person behind the bush froze. He quickly scrambled out of his hiding place and snapped into a hasty salute.

It was Finn.

Let me explain: I met Finn here once when he was accompanying Viktor to my second birthday party as a guard. Viktor told me that it was he who rushed the Queen into labor since she was taking a walk around the courtyard when she was having me. I politely thanked him for his service and we have been in an amicable relationship since.

It wasn't enough for me to curry him some favors, but it did excuse him from interrupting my precious tea time with Shadow.

"What were you doing behind the bushes?" I asked innocently. Well, as 'innocent' as I can be, "Come sit with me." I patted my chair, signaling him to take the one opposed to me.

As expected, he quickly denied, "A-Ah, of course not, Your Highness! How could I ever dream to share a table with a distinguished member of the royal family like you—"

I rolled my eyes, "Fine. Then as a distinguished member of the royal family, I order you to sit down and have tea with me."

The way his face contorted into a conflicted, horrified, and nauseous expression utterly satisfied me.