Chapter 17

The royal tutor of Weisburg palace—a job wanted by many, but few actually has the guts or smarts to stay for more than a month. Heine Wittgenstein's duties include grooming the four youngest princes of Granzreich into worthy candidates for the throne. This is by no mean an easy job; even though the four princes get along with each other incredibly well, each of them has their own issue they need to work through themselves, and the grueling part of Heine's job is finding a way to nudge these young birds in the right direction. But even he knows that one must take a break every so often, otherwise maximum efficiency cannot be reached.

'A deep and pleasing aroma, as befits espresso served in the royal palace,' Heine placed his cup of coffee back to the accompanying plate, 'Sipping coffee whilst relaxing with a stack of books, and within a palace at that...a most lavish holiday for a commoner such as myself.'

Indeed, there was a small stack of books next to his person, but as he makes his way to open one, Heine heard two short knocks at the door. Raising an eyebrow—he hadn't been expecting guests today—Heine patiently put his beloved book down and answered the door.

"Teacher...good morning..." Kai peeked in with Licht and Leonhard trailing behind him.

"Mornin', sensei!"

"Hmph!"

"Good morning to you, Master!!" Bruno formally bowed.

The short Professor looked around shortly, 'Prince Edward is not here today. That's strange; could he be plotting something?' "What brings your Highnesses here?"

"No words can excuse our intrusion on your day of respite," Bruno began nervously. "I-If you happen to have the time to humor us, however—"

Kai  chimed in, "Going on a picnic...together...!"

"And you're invited, sensei!" Licht finished with an outstretched hand.

Shocked by the sudden statement and their intrusion into his perfectly planned out day off from the royal family, Heine sullenly mumbled, "That's....wonderful...I would love to join you..." 'I suppose deepening one's relationship with one's pupils is more important to an educator than a day off...'

"That's the stuff!" Licht exclaimed, "Isn't that grand, Leonie?!"

Leonhard flustered, "W-Why are you asking me?! It's not like I care whether he comes or not!"

"Hooray!" Kai threw both of his arms into the air, all worries forgotten as Heine agreed to come along rather easily.

The tutor sighed, 'I suppose I cannot regret sacrificing my day off if my attendence pleases them to this extent.'

Bruno cover his wide smile with his palm, "T-To be with master...during his personal time..."

'Although one of my pupils derives a level of pleasure that is most uncommon,' Heine twisted his head around in alarm.

"Asking Master academic questions during his personal time would be unacceptable! What do I say then? D-Dare I ask what his hobbies are?" Bruno muttered to himself anxiously.

"Oh yeah! We're not the only ones who'll be picnicking today!" Licht added on.

"Hm?" Heine made a short noise, but bring his attention back to the door as someone stepped in. It was a handsome young man with long blonde hair tied up into a bun and stunning emerald green eyes. He held out a hand and softly smiled, "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Professor."

'My word,' Heine blinked, 'but he is a gallant-looking young man.'

Unaware of the tutor's true thoughts, the man continued, "I've heard all about your heroic exploits. They say you're the only royal tutor to have ever tamed this lot!" Pausing to pat Heine on the head affectionately, he laughed, "You're a tiny chap, aren't you? I see you are younger than my kid brothers. How many years are you, then, lad?"