Chapter 10

Before I could follow Finn and Lena, however, Theodore stopped me dead in my track. Had he found out about Finn's eventual confession?

Wouldn't be too surprising. Finn is quite vocal about it.

"Wassup, Theo?"

"Your Highness," he said solemnly, "the King ordered you to see him at his office. Please, this is urgent."

I raised a brow at the serious look on his face. Did something happen with Viktor? Usually, he doesn't just 'orders' me to go to wherever he is without the matter being something serious. Had the Belle family finally responded to my accusation?

"I see." I nodded, "Walk me there, Theodore."

"Very well." He bowed and then turned to the frightened guard, "And you. Next time don't just give in to his highness's whim, alright?"

"Hey!"

"Y-Yessir!"

Everything was a little different.

The whole walk there was tense with only greeting from the servants breaking it. Theodore was more than content to walk behind me respectfully and no matter how much I pried, he wouldn't answer. What a tight-lipped old man; but that's why Viktor trusts him I suppose.

The soldiers guarding the office opened the door for me, where the entire royal family was already there waiting.

I repeat; the entire royal family was there waiting—well, there's the exception of Leonhard and Licht, and somehow with the addition of Ernst Rosenberg.

My eyes twitched. Well, isn't this interesting?

I was being sarcastic if you couldn't tell.

Feeling like stirring up some troubles, I said to the leaving Theodore, "Oh and by the way, Theodore, Finn just asked your daughter out to propose to her since she's two months pregnant." 

"That little rascal did WHAT?!!"

The guards slammed the heavy door closed as I yelled after the running man though I knew he wouldn't hear it, "I was joking about the pregnant part!"

The Queen chuckled. "Devious as always, eh?"

I puffed my chest proudly, "Thank you for the praise, your Highness!"

Avoiding Eins' gaze at all cost, I waved to Bruno and Kai, who was standing at Ernst's feet. They waved back excitedly thought those two were careful to not make too much noise. Viktor then coughed a little to bring all of our attentions to him, "Thank you for coming on such a short notice, everyone."

"What seems to be the matter?" The Queen Mother asked worriedly.

Viktor smiled awkwardly, "Well, I'm not too sure either, but Eins here said that he has an important announcement to make."

Damn.

Inevitably, I made eye contact with my older brother whom I've been having very limited contact with—and he doesn't even bother to glance in my direction! What a fucking asshole!

As if feeling my annoyance, Eins the cat wrap its tail around my neck and licked my cheek. I saw Eins' eyes twitched in annoyance while Ernst is suppressing a chuckle.

Eins stepped up to speak, and the bullshit he spewed out of his mouth made me see red.

"I'm leaving the palace with Ernst."

The conversation afterward will never leave this room.

\V/

.