III: Meeting Everyone

After being let down by Muffet, you two begun to walk toward the temple that was host to the relics that you were tasked to find. Surprisingly simple and so far there was not even a single challenge in your way, should be a straight shot to the temple and then you can return and be part of Beacon, not bad at all. 

Y/N: "So Muffet, what brings a lady such as yourself to Beacon?"

You decided to ask, you could probably guess her magic was going to involve something with her webs or spiders based on her appearance since that's how most monsters worked. Which left the only other question on your mind, about why she would come to be a huntsmen, she didn't really strike you as the type to fight and take on grimm, if anything she looked like she would be right at home in a bakery. 

Muffet: "Aren't you a curious one?~ If you must know, the money the kingdom offered on top of the salary of a regular hunter was far too good to pass up. How about you deary?"

She answered still in her high spirits, probably still amused about your reaction when she threw you from fifty feet for a simple Lion's King reference. Yes, you were still mad about it because that really was terrifying. Although that answer was surprising, you weren't aware the monster kingdom had decided to give some extra lien to it's residents just to become hunters. 

Y/N: "Huh, well I decided to become a huntsmen to help people."

You answered quite vaguely, you weren't going to go into that whole mess with her, probably ever. You were content with your life style and you knew no pain since that day, so why fix what's not broken? After that you two walked in some silence for a few minutes, not really having anything else on your mind that you wanted to ask.

 Muffet: "I suppose it's my turn to ask a question. Ahuhuhu, let's see..."

Muffet sudden spoke up, surprising you a bit as she begun to look at you in a thinking pose. Her five eyes seemingly not moving due to their pure black colour, but the glimmer of sunlight reflecting off them moved ever so slightly, meaning her eyes were indeed moving around. 

Muffet: "Ah, right you humans have a semblance, don't you? What's yours deary?~"

After a while she broke off her thinking pose and asked her question. It was a fair enough question, semblances were a hard thing to figure out for most people, it was seemingly random and varies in power from person to person so it made sense she'd want to learn a bit about her new partner's combat style. 

Y/N: "I call it Combo Breaker, it lets me get stronger the more I get hurt. Kinda backwards if you ask me, but hey it does allow me to make dramatic comebacks without having to hold back in the beginning."

You explained with a simple shrug of your shoulders and your signature grin, your semblance was a nice backup plan if you begun to get tired or was simply too weak to hurt them. All you had to do leave some "accidental" openings to get attacked with small damage until you're strong enough to over power them. Although leaving those openings often meant it could end up doing more damage than you meant and while any damage increased your power, it always increased by the same amount, regardless of how much damage you took, meaning in the eyes of your semblance, stubbing your toe is the same as breaking an arm. 

Muffet: "My, my~ Such a dangerous semblance."

Muffet spoke with some concern, but then again you were almost certain none of the monsters had magic that required them to hurt themselves so it was understandable. You simply waved it off, unlike monsters you had aura so it wouldn't be a big problem for you until it was too late for your semblance to even make a difference anyways. 

Y/N: "Don't worry, humans have aura, remember? Patches up the small wounds easily and if I take huge damage then I'm outmatched anyways, so either way it's not a real big deal."