VII: The Dawn of a New Day

It's beautiful day outside, the birds are singing, flowers are blooming... On days like these, kids like you... Should be sleeping and not waking up at this god forsaken hour. You let out a yawn as the loud thuds of Delta moving around proved your theory correct and everyone in the dorm was slowly waking up. As your eyes opened you saw something just right besides you, it was fuzzy looking and it was completely black but you couldn't quite make out the shape as your eyes fought to stay open. Until it finally hit you, that was a spider just hanging out on your pillow right besides your face!

You let out a scream and begin to fall off your bed from your sudden jump away from the creepy crawler. In an attempt to stop yourself from falling, you grab the nearest thing, which happens to be your blanket and instead of stopping yourself you only end up wrapped up in your blanket on the floor as your team all look toward you. Asriel looks concerned while Chara has a raised eye brow and suspiciously Muffet is trying not to laugh but failing.

Y/N: "Very funny Muffet."

You say as you eye down the spider who finally breaks out in laughter at what you can only assume to be her prank on you by placing one of her spiders right by your face. You really hoped this wouldn't become a common occurrence around here. 

As you untangle yourself from your blanket and toss it back on the bed, you stretch and allow some of your bones to pop before you notice everyone is staring at you and you aren't 100% sure why. 

Y/N: "Enjoying the show?"

You ask with a grin toward everyone and everyone goes slightly red at that, including Asriel oddly enough. You weren't expecting that, but hey, more people to tease. 

Asriel: "I-I was just making sure you're okay!"

Muffet: "Auhuhuhu~ Just looking for my spider deary~"

Chara: "I'd like to change and you're still here..."

They all declare in varying tones, Asriel being his usual defensive self while Muffet spoke a bit more calmly and Chara spoke surprisingly defensively. You only let out a chuckle as you grab a random shirt and toss it on before heading out into the hallway, but you stop before you leave. 

Y/N: "Now unless someone is willing to flash me again, come and get me when you're all done for real this time, yeah?"

You tell your team as they become slightly more red faced before you head out the hallway with a grin on your face. You immediately spotted Jaune and Ren once again in the hallway with you and they spotted you as well, before they made their way toward you once again. 

Jaune: "Hey Y/N! You hear that scream? It sounded like it came somewhere over here but we're not too sure."

Jaune asked with slight concern on his face as you realized other people had heard you scream and you only coughed into your fist as your face became slightly red at the revelation. 

Y/N: "Well you try waking up with a spider less than 5 centimeters to your face..."

You mumbled out while looking away from them, not wanting to see their reaction to finding out you were the one screaming in a dorm that was seemingly dominated by girls. Especially on the first day as an official student of Beacon. 

Jaune: "Dude..."

Jaune said a bit disappointingly as he shook his head, while Ren let out a short yawn. 

Ren: "Not a fan of spiders, I take it?"

Ren asked, deciding to mercifully change the subject from you screaming in the morning at the sight of a spider to you being scared of spiders. I mean at least there was an attempt and you don't have to talk about the details, you weren't sure how you were going explain it was a prank by Muffet.