XIII: History

Dr. Oobleck: "Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus  War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." 

 Doctor Oobleck, the history teacher that spoke and move insanely fast that it was incredibly hard to keep up with his unnatural speed as you had many, many tiny short versions of the notes written down. It's not "Humans wanted all Faunus in Menagerie before the Faunus War" it was more "Humans + Faunus = Menagerie, Humans + Faunus + Faunus War =/= Menagerie." You knew he had a problem when it was faster to takes notes in math form than plain notes. 

Dr. Oobleck: "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" 

Dr. Oobleck reminded everyone and the first thing that sprang to mind was Velvet's own troubles from this lunch, although surprisingly she was in the same class as you right now. Maybe you slept through her team introduction as part of your first years? But you don't recall her being there in any other classes... Was she just that forgettable?

Dr. Oobleck: "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

The fast doctor asked as some of the faunus students rose their hands, noticeably Velvet took a few seconds to raise her own despite just going through it earlier this day. She did seem to be a rather meek person, so maybe she just didn't want to stand out? 

Dr. Oobleck: "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?"

The doctor kept his same pace, zooming on by the subject and asking yet another question about the war, this one you weren't entirely too sure of the answer but you were leaning on Fort Castle if memory was working in your favor this day. Thankfully someone else rose their hand and almost unsurprisingly it was Weiss.

Dr. Oobleck: "Yes?"

Weiss: "The battle at Fort Castle!" 

Dr. Oobleck: "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

The doctor called on Weiss to give the answer and you were surprised you had the right answer as Weiss called it out, although the next question was quite easy to know since you had spent some time travelling with some faunus and envied their heightened senses, especially the night vision, which played a factor in this battle. 

Jaune: "Hey!" 

Dr. Oobleck: "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?"

Jaune: "Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus ...had over that guy's stuff... Uhh... Binoculars!"" 

Before you or anyone could raise their hand, Jaune suddenly called out and Dr. Oobleck turned his attention to him but it was clear that Jaune didn't intend to get the doctor's attention as he stalled for an answer, looking around at everyone. The sight of his teammate, Pyrrha cupping her hands around her eyes probably giving him the answer that you probably would've thought of if you didn't know the answer too.

Everyone only laughed at that answer, it was quite stupid to think not a single person on General Lagune's unit didn't have some binoculars but with Pyrrha making a gesture that resembled binoculars and Jaune's pressure, you couldn't blame him for that. You only shook your head with a small smile on your face.