I: New School, New Life

Today was the day, the day you'd finally make it to Beacon and get one more step closer to becoming a huntsmen. Only thing standing between you and that goal was one final test and then all you'd have to do is get passing grades, not die and then boom, you're finally there and able to take missions and save people from grimm, easy peasy. 

Only real hurdle was going to be the test itself, from what you heard there was going to be teams of 4 and right now you had me, myself and I, only 3 of the required 4. You laughed a bit at that joke, you needed to remember to tell someone that eventually. Back to the goal at hand, you needed to find someone who could fit well into your team, seeing as you're agile, but weaker, you needed someone beefy to take the hits for you and definitely someone with a range of some sort, although maybe someone who can help close the gap if needed and finally maybe some sort of supporting role, like a scout? Maybe a healer of some sort? Couldn't some monsters use healing magic? That would be useful.

Almost immediately your eyes landed on a big... Robot? Or perhaps some sort of suit? It looked more like a suit based on the tubes of that thing. It's light was dimmed but you couldn't see into the glass, but the fact there even was glass suggested it was human. No one would willingly and knowingly design a robot with such an obvious weak point, right? Unless it was just bait... But why the extra effort of designing a baited weak point? 

????: "gee kid, you always mutter to yourself?" 

A deep voice startled you, making you look toward the source, confused. You seen a skeleton sitting right beside you with a blue hoodie, black shorts and pink... slippers? Odd choice of attire aside, the skeleton was clearly a monster since you were certain no human was that short and big boned, quite literally in the monsters case as it's smooth skeleton like face was quite wide and feature a grin that didn't seem to move and lastly, it's eyes or just white dots.

Y/N: "Sorry, just nervous about this whole thing. I mean it's Beacon, it's basically the beacon of hope."

You reply to the skeleton, letting your own grin come across your face as you said you pun. You may have been caught up in your surroundings and trying to plan ahead, but you were still a quick thinker when it came to jokes and you were sure as hell going to use them, maybe sneak in that earlier joke in somewhere too. The skeleton let out a chuckle and shook his head slightly. 

????: "not bad kid, not bad at all."

The skeleton said before reaching out his hand toward you. 

????: "name's sans, sans the skeleton."

He introduced himself as you reached out your own hand to shake his, but as soon as your hand made contact, a loud farting noise came from his hand and you realized what had just happened. You let out your own laugh at that, who the hell puts a whoopee cushion in their hand?

Y/N: "I'm Y/N L/N, it's good to meet you Sans."

You replied after you finished laughing, the two of you shook hands but before any of you could talk once more, an announcement begun to play, drawing a silence over the crowd as everyone paid attention to it. 

????: "Hello and welcome to Beacon, my name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."

The lady named Glynda welcomed everyone before the hologram disappeared, although you already tuned her out after she introduced herself and it seems Sans has done the same as you two sat down together waiting until she finished.