27 - Battle of the Vines

Tony

"WHAT?!?!?" I gasp, falling back dramatically. "You're lying."

"No, dude, this is the truthiest of truths." Clint grins.

"In first period, Stephen confessed to liking you!" Natasha squeals. "I recorded it for proof," She plays the message on her phone.

'So, yeah, maybe you guys were right.' Stephen says.

"Please elaborate," Bucky replies. "We're right about a lot of things."

"Clint isn't," Nat snickers.

"HEY! THAT WAS RUDE."

"Anyway, you guys were right...about Tony." Stephen continues, embarrassment in his voice. "I realized I miiiight like him? I don't really know."

"PLEASE ELABORATE." Clint answers, wanting juicy details.

"Well, last night, I-I felt something. It was weird, I was super nervous around him and my heart would beat faster when I was near him." Stephen pauses for a moment. "But, I don't know, I'm probably just sick."

"No no no no no no, you're definitely in love." Clint tells him. "It's obvious."

"I wouldn't say love.."

"AAAAAAAAAAAA YOU TOTALLY HAVE A CRUSH ON TONY!" Nat screams.

"Ugh, I don't know what to do," Stephen groans. "I've never liked someone before."

"That's not true." Bucky laughs. "What about Christiiiiine?"

"SHUT UP, JAMES."  Nat yells. "WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THAT."

Then the audio cut out.

"What...the...fUc-"

"LANGUAGE!" Steve screeches.

We were at lunch, and thankfully, Stephen wasn't sitting with us. Loki had dragged him over to Thor's table since he didn't want to be alone.

"THIS IS ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TRUTHY TRUTH I PROMISE, BRO!"

"I BELIEVE!"

"Y'all weird sometimes." Sam looks at us, disgusted.

"sAys tHe gUy wHo LaYeD on tHe TRaCk tO gET rUnoVer!" Clint crosses his arms.

"Anyway, since step one is finished, we have to move on to step two." Natasha slams her arms on the table to look fierce. "Planning the reveal."

"tHe rEvEeAAaAL," Bucky repeats, but in a more extra way.

"Um...............okay," I frown.

"YES!" Nat grins. "It has to be super romantic!"

"I think it would be pretty romantic if they just tell each other how they feel without a lot of planning." Steve shrugs. "I mean that's what happened with me and Buck."

"Yeah, but you guys are super perfect." Clint complains. "Plus, you found out you guys were soulmates when you were like seven."

"pFFfFt, tHat'S nOt tRue!" Bucky laughs. "Wait a minute..."

"Anyway, I was thinking, maybe we could get them to sit in the trunk of Bucky's car, as the sun sets over the field."

"Won't they suffocate in the trunk?" Clint worries.

"You idiot, the trunk would be open." Bucky sighs. "You really don't know romance that well."

"When would we do it?" I ask.