Chapter 15

Lance walked out of Keiths room with a sigh. His mind was racing in 12 different directions and he wasn't really sure how to feel about everything. And most importantly, how was he able to get Keith to fall asleep in his bed? It was all confusing, but he decided to go find shiro and let him know Keith is ok.

He found shiro in the kitchen staring at the wall.

"Shiro?" Lance sat next to him. Shiro looked up and smiled

"Oh, hey Lance. Hows Keith?"

Lance sighed and rested his head on the table. "Asleep in my room." Shiro gave him a look. "His bed wasn't that comfy-" lance defended.

"And where will you sleep?" Shiro smirked.

"Somehwere-" Lance blushed.

Shiro smiled at him and chuckled softly. "Its alright Lance." They made eyecontact for a moment before Lance turned away. "Thank you for keeping an eye on him. Id watch him myself if hed let me. But we aren't as close as we used to be.."

Lance sighed. "I'm sure everything will go back to normal soon. Once pidge gets that band fixed Keith can fly red again." Lance smiled at Shiro, but Shiro just stared at the table top infront of him. "Right-?" He asked again.

Shiro looked at Lance. "I don't know."

Lances eyes widend. "What? W.. What do you mean 'I don't know'-?"

Shiro sighed and rubbed his temples. "Lance.. Keith has been like a younger brother to me.. I would never do anything to hurt him or make him sad but..." He sat up and looked at Lance. "I cant in good conscience let him fly red when he could change at any point, and potentially hurt himself or us."

Lance stared at Shiro with wide eyes. He then tightened his fists and frowned. "You cant be serious. Your considering kicking Keith off the team?!"

Shiro sighed "As the pilot of the black lion and leader of voltron, I have to make tough decisions."

Lances jaw dropped in disbelief. "This isn't final, right-?"

Shiro looked down. "I'm not sure."

Lance stood nearly knocking the chair over. "Where would he even go? Back to earth?! He doesnt have any family there! We are all hes got!"

"Lance.."

"No!" Lance interrupted. "You cant kick him out just because he's more galra!"

"Lance."

"Do you not understand how painful it is for him to look in the mirror every day and see a galra looking right back at him!?"

"Lance-" Shiro began to get agitated.

"And now you want to kick him out because he was kidnapped, tortured and turned into the one thing he swore he'd destroy!"

"He almost killed you Lance!" Shiro stood too. Lance was taken aback by this and took a step back. "Out of everyone here I would expect you to be the most scard by it-"

Lance wasnt sure what to say. So he stayed silent. "I love Keith, Lance- I would never do something to put him in danger. And letting him fly out there with us puts us in danger."

Lance looked down.

Shiro sighed and rubed the bridge of his nose. "Lance.."

"No-.. Its fine. I get it.." Lance crossed his arms. "We're all stressed.."

Shiro sighed and put a hand on his shoulder as he walked by. "Go get some sleep.." He walked away slowly, Lance staring at the floor infront of him.