Work, Work, Work/Kousei's Health

~EIGHT YEARS LATER~
It was now the present day. Kousei, by now was spending most of his days just in the orphanage; his health was starting to deteriorate. Saki, had in the eight-year interim period, died from a heart attack five years prior, and Kousei was now worried that his condition might have been inherited. So, he didn't talk to his friends as much, just his father, Hiroko and the Miyazonos.

But, as for Kaori, Watari and Tsubaki, they were still toiling around the Arima/Miyazono Bakery and Orphanage. The Miyazonos, Takahiko Arima and Hiroko Seto all convened outside of the establishment. There were a bunch of whirring and hammering sounds heard in the background. Ryoko Miyazono asked her husband, Yoshiyuki, "What time is it right now, Yoshiyuki?" Yoshiyuki replied with "11:00 AM." Ryoko said "So it's 11:00 AM and nothing rang. Weren't Kaori and her two moron friends supposed to fix the bell last week?"

Takahiko Arima told Ryoko, "Have patience, Ryoko, they do their best." One of the assistants to the Arimas and Miyazonos, a man, said "At least they're working on something in there." A second assistant, a woman, said "Yeah, they've been at it all morning." Ryoko then said, "Yeah, well, would you excuse me, Yoshiyuki, Hiroko, Takahiko? I think I'll go have a little word with them." With that, Ryoko went into a shack that served as the "Workshop" that Kaori, Watari and Tsubaki worked in.

Ryoko then demanded "When are you clowns going to fix that......" Ryoko stopped momentarily. She said "Huh?" It turned out that the hammering and whirring sounds were coming from an MP3 player (that was attacked to a single speaker) which played it on loop. Ryoko stopped the MP3 player. Kaori, Watari and Tsubaki were actually sleeping, and in weird positions at that. Kaori, wearing a sports bra and biker shorts, was also drooling a little. Ryoko sighed, and said, "Jeez. I knew it.... well, when all else fails, just sound the horn....." She then pulled a micro air horn, roughly the size of a tube of lipstick, out of one the pockets of her business suit. Ryoko put on earplugs, due to the loud noise it would make.

Ryoko then pushed the button of the air horn, and this woke up Kaori, Watari and Tsubaki. All three of them started running around in a straight line, confused. Kaori, startled, said "Oh, my god! We're under attack! Look out, guys!" Watari said "Did we win the soccer game?!" with Tsubaki saying "Help me! There's an ambulance nearby!"

Watari looked through a pair of binoculars. "It's Ryoko Matoi..... she's 100 yards/meters out and closing fast!" Watari then put down the binoculars and exclaimed fearfully at the sight of Kaori's mother. Ryoko then admonished the three. "Kaori, you're lucky that I, your mother, am not in charge of this operation, or your two friends would've been run out of here a long time ago! Now, get up on that roof and fix the damn bell, you no-good lazy bums! Tsubaki said, "Who are you calling lazy?" Ryoko fired back with "All of you! And if any of yous have got a problem with it, you can step forward right now!" Kaori, Tsubaki and Watari stepped back momentarily. Ryoko then told them "Oh yeah? You got something to say?"

Kaori then instructed Watari "Go ahead, champ. Show her who's boss!" This led to a quarrel, where Watari did his "Woob-woob-woob" and a few finger tricks, but Ryoko cracks her fingers. Watari then barked at her, only to be hissed back and he and the others went to work on the bell. All three of them were now in what would be considered workout clothing; Kaori was in a pair of black biker shorts and a Saskatchewan Roughriders shirt, Tsubaki was wearing biker shorts, and a workout top (that covered her midriff, though), and Watari was wearing a charcoal gray Nike shirt; each person was wearing Nike shoes and black biker shorts.

All three of them said as they held a ladder together "And left, right, left! Left, right, left! Left, right, left! Left, right, left!" As they came close to the wall, Kaori instructed Watari and Tsubaki "And company halt! Drop anchor!" They put down the ladder and put it on the wall so they could access the bell on the roof. All three of them said "Success!" in succession, first by Kaori, then Tsubaki, and finally Watari. Kaori then instructed "All right, break it up." Tsubaki said "How're we going to get at the bell? It's hiding in that box." Kaori told Tsubaki "Why don't you go buy a hat with some brains in it? We'll cut it open. It may be a tough nut to crack, but we can do it!"

Kaori then asked Watari, "Hey, shaggy hair, go on back to the shed and grab the chainsaw." Watari then said, "Why doesn't Tsubaki go?" Kaori said "'Cause she's got a headache." Tsubaki objected "No, I don't, Kaori!" Kaori then hit Tsubaki on the head with a hammer. Kaori then asked "How about now?" Tsubaki paused, then said "Yeah, it's coming on." Just then, Kousei Arima, who was peering from a third story window, said to his friends "Hey.... guys."

Kaori said "Kousei! How are you?" Kousei replied with "Fine.... guys. They've checked on me, and even though not much progress has been made with me, I guess, well.... no news is good news." Watari asked "So, who won Monopoly last night?" "Sayaka. I came pretty close, though..." Kousei said. Tsubaki said, "Sayaka? Yeah, but she wears those sunglasses, you can't tell what she's thinking. We've got work to do, talk to you later, Kousei." Kousei smiled and waved. "See ya...."

Just then, a man came to the doorstep of the Arima/Miyazono Bakery and Orphanage. Hiroko Seto said, "Who are you?" The man said "My name is Shigeru Arima. I'm the CEO of Arima/Miyazono Industries, which is the company that oversees this business." Yoshiyuki said "Kousei's uncle! We weren't expecting you." Shigeru informed Hiroko and Yoshiyuki "I need to speak to talk to my brother, Takahiko. It's a rather urgent business matter."

Meanwhile, in another room, was Kousei Arima, shirtless and bedridden. His mentor, who was now more-or-less his motherly figure since Saki's passing, Hiroko Seto, came in to check on him. "Kousei.... how are you?" Kousei, said, with a somewhat weakened voice "Oh, okay..... some days..... I have seizures, others I.... just black out, and even.... a few.... I can't remember my own name...." Hiroko then went over to Kousei, and held his hands. "Your mother..... she still lives within you, right?"

Kousei sighed and said "I'm still.... traumatized.... Over her.... heart attack.... and how she.... died in my arms.... five years ago...." Hiroko then told her with a motherly tone, as Kousei began to cry "You can bet your ass she still loves you, despite all that...." Kousei, as he sobbed, said.... "I hope I don't go her way....." Hiroko then said "You will ALWAYS have us. Kaori, Tsubaki and Watari.... they'll always have you."