8. You don't take hints, do you?

What are we doing? Bella asked, joining the pack. They were gathered in a half circle around a small house. This wasn't how I had imagined spending my Friday night.

Waiting. Sam's inside. Leah turned her piercing blue eyes to Bella. We're about to have a new pack member. He's 13.

That's young right? Jacob looked in Bella's direction. You were sixteen, she said to him.

It's very young. We've never had a new wolf this young. Jacob sounded uneasy.

This seems to be a pack of firsts. Paul muttered, looking at Leah and Bella.

Half of that is your fault, tool. Leah tried to joke with Paul, but the anxiety of the pack made the joke fall flat.

Why would this happen? Bella asked. They heard a young boy groaning in the house. He sounded ill. They could hear Sam say, "It's okay. Just stay calm."

Our numbers only go up when there are too many vampires around, but this doesn't make any sense. The Cullen's flashed across Bella's mind. Jacob shook his head. No, this can't be because the Cullen's are back. They've been here before. The pack tends to stay around five when they're here. Leah turned after they left. You're here now. Paul's guilt touched the pack mind. This should be enough. But now a 13-year-old has turned.Well, is about to.

So, what do we do? Bella asked.

We wait. He'll change tonight.

How can you tell?

In the house, they heard Brady yell, "You can't tell me what to do! You're not the boss of me!" There was a short pause. "Get off of me!" Things started being thrown around in the house. Every wolf tensed. "Let me go!" A young boy screamed. It started to turn into something else.

"Sam, you have to get him out now. There's not enough space!" A desperate man's voice echoed. An anxious ripple raised the hackles of the wolves waiting outside. Sam burst through the door a minute later. He was carrying a child who was barely holding his human form. The boy was small. His head would probably only come up to Sam's chest. Brady shoved Sam away from him. Brady hit the ground, his long dark hair falling in front of his eyes. He growled on the ground, his skin vibrating with the rage he felt.

Sam grabbed Brady's face. "Brady, focus! It's okay. You're going to shift now!" Brady looked up. His eyes had changed from a warm brown to a bright green. The inside of his irises were tinged golden brown, and his pupils were quickly growing until these new colors were barely visible.

"Don't touch me!" Brady shouted a moment before bursting into his wolf form. Shreds of his jeans floated throygh the air around him. Brady's grey-brown fur burst from his skin. He growled and whimpered as his bones broke and healed in his new form. His ark brown skin disappeared entirely. Brady's fur differed from the rest of the pack. Whereas they had sleek fur that remained close to their lanky frames, Brady's fur was fuzzier. His ears were too large for his head. His paws were too large for his legs. Brady was a large wolf, roughly the size of a car, but he was much smaller than Bella, Jacob, Leah, and Sam. Brady looked like a very angry, very big, puppy. Sam very quickly shifted as Brady got ready to bolt.

STOP. Sam shouted at the fluffy wolf in front of him.

Brady froze. His eyes went from wolf to wolf. Why is this happening?

It's your blood right. You're going to be okay. Sam tried his best to sound comforting.

Why can I hear you? Who are these wolves? Am I like you?