- 28 -

(GUYS I REALLY JUST FINISHED THE WHOLE NOVEL CUZ I GOT REALLY INSPIRED SO YEA IM GONNA SPAM PUBLISH NOW. ENJOY THE REst of THE BOOK)

A/N: the next few chapters will mainly focus on Leo and Libra because there's a lot going on with them. Usually, I like to do a new POV per chapter but sometimes (depending on the situation) I'll do one/two people per few chapters. Also this chap is really, really short.

- Leo -

"Li?" I say softly, knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" She answers.

"Can I come in?"

"Okay."

I come in, inhaling sharply when I see her. This happens every time I see her. She's been having chemo and radiation for over a month now. There are dark circles under her eyes, tissues everywhere, her hair is patchy, and the room smells like vomit.

She hasn't moved from her spot in a week. I have to spoon feed her because she's too weak to move. She stares at the wall, her hands draped over each other. She blinks every few seconds, but not often enough, and when she blinks, she blinks slowly because it takes too much energy out of her. I haven't kissed her since the day that chemo started, and we've been off the grid ever since.

"Good morning,"

She opens her mouth to speak, but she closes it.

"Do you think it's time to tell our friends?" I ask, trying to hold back the tears that are threatening to fall.

"Yes. Do you think we can go to the hospital? I don't want to die here. I don't want you to have to deal with my body,"

"Libra please, don't talk this way," I say.

"I'm going to die. With or without chemo."

"Do you think it's time to stop chemo?" I ask. This time, no doubt, my voice cracks. "I can't see you suffer anymore, and with chemo, you're suffering."

"I'm going to suffer either way," she says quietly. "I am dying,"

"Stop saying that."

"We both know-"

"Please,"

"I want to marry you." She says. "I need to live to marry you,"

"So marry me," I say, pulling out a ring box and sitting by the side of the bed. By now, I'm in tears.

"I'm going to die," she says.

"I know, Li," I say.

"I don't want you to... have to deal with that. When I'm gone, you're free," she says, her voice raspy.

"I'm never going to love anybody again. I want to marry you," I say, my voice stronger this time.

"It's pointless. I will be dead soon anyway."

"I know Li, and I know it's not ideal, but at least we can say we'd spent the rest of our lives together."