- 6 -

- Leo -
My hands are shaking. I don't know what to do. I think she's having a seizure.

I hold her head to make sure she doesn't bump it, but I don't think I can do anything else.

A couple minutes later, she stops shaking. Tears roll down my cheeks. It takes her a few minutes to open her eyes.

"Oh," I breathe out. "You're okay." I kiss her forehead, leaving my lips there for a little bit.

- Sagittarius -
A knock sounds at my door. I get up and answer.

"You're Sagittarius, correct, ma'am?" A man stands before me wearing a tailored suit.

"Um, yes. You are..?"

"I'm the landlord. I'm afraid you're getting evicted," he hands me a paper, then puts his hands behind his back.

"I... I'm sorry, what?" I stare at the papers, shocked.

"It appears your last two bills were left unpaid, and multiple warnings were sent to you,"

"I'm trying my best to catch up. I really am,"

He shakes his head. "Ma'am, we all need to pay our bills, and with you not paying yours, it makes it harder for us to pay ours. You have five days to pack up." He gives a curt nod and walks off.

I close the door slowly, still paralyzed with disbelief.

(Group chat)
Me: holy shit im getting evicted
Gemini: why?
Aquarius: damn
Me: ive been trying to find work and I recently got a job but I didn't pay the last two months
Scorpio: well yeah not paying your bills will do it
Me: whatever Scorpio
Virgo: if you want you can stay with us
Scorpio: no no she can not
Virgo: why?
Aries: duh he's tryna get some and he can't do that w sag in the house
Taurus: lmfaoooo
Aquarius: well you can come stay with me?
Scorpio: oof
Cancer: uh didn't you like, cheat on her best friend w her?
Gemini: speaking of, where are Libra and leo?
Aquarius: so, do you want to move in with me?
Me: um, you do have more than one room, right?
Aquarius: ye it's a pretty tight apartment but it's got two bedrooms & we'd need to split the bills
Me: ya np okay well I'll have to pack up all my stuff but i guess that could work for a little bit
Scorpio: we've got new drama on the way
Aquarius: it's not going to be dramatic. It's a neutral settlement until she can find somewhere long term
Aries: hm whatever you say buddy
Sagittarius: he's right don't turn it into something it's not
Pisces: yeah guys they're not children
Capricorn: this isn't gonna end well

I roll my eyes and turn my phone off. Stupid adulthood.

The next day, I knocked on the office door of Element's Horizon so that I could turn in the application.

"Come in," an exasperated voice says. I enter. Karen is sitting there with her hand on her head, looking completely drained.

"I'd like to turn in my application,"

"You're hired,"

"I'm sorry?" I look up in shock, surprise filling my expressions.

"There have been some... Err, difficulties with our current staff. I'd like you to take one of their spots. I'm afraid it isn't the job you intended to have. It's a cooking class that you'll be co-teaching."

"That's okay. I enjoy cooking."

"Great. Can you start tomorrow? I'm sorry that it's so soon, but-"

"No, no problem!"

"Alright. I'll make and email you your schedule."

"Thank you so much."

She gives me a thumbs up. Guess it wasn't too unprofessional after all.