- 24 -

A/N: hi, good morning. I'm writing this on the bus.

just thought u should know.

ok bye

- Aquarius -

"Good morning, how are you settling in?" I ask Sag as she comes in.

"Morning," she mumbles, running a hand through her hair. "That bed is so fucking soft. I don't wanna go to work,"

"Glad you like it. I made pancakes,"

"Do you ever eat healthy?"

I frown. "What's the fun in that?"

She shakes her head. "You idiot," she says, taking a pancake anyway.

She bites into it.

"No toppings?" I signal towards the array of food I prepared, sliced fruit, whipped cream, ice cream, syrup.

"This is like the breakfast of a ten year old,"

"You're never too old to eat pancakes with a shit ton of sweets," I say defensively. She shrugs and stuffs the last piece of pancake in her mouth as she walks to the coffee machine. "Do you know if there's an opening at that school you're working at?"

"Element's Horizon?" She asks. I nod. "Not that I know of. I'm working with this douche, Brendan. All he does is flirt,"

"Oh," I raise my eyebrows. "Do you like him?"

She blinks twice at me. "Did you not just hear me? I mean, yeah, he's attractive, but he's a douche. I don't like douches."

"Oh, okay," I respond. "Do you think he's quitting any time?"

"That guy? No. He flirts to no end,"

"I mean do you think he'll quit the job, like does it seem like he doesn't like it?"

She laughs, her cheeks reddening. "Oh! Sorry. I misunderstood. But no, he's good with the students and it's obvious that he loves the job. You can submit your resume online though,"

"I'll do that. You like him,"

"No, I don't! Why do you think that?"

"The smile you gave when you were talking about him being great with the students? That's the smile you gave me that night of the sleepover, before everything. I think you should go for it,"

Please say no, please say no.

"You think?" Her expression changes, and she furrows her eyebrows.

"Yeah,"

"Yeah? I guess I'll give it a try then. Anyway, I should go change. Thanks for the pancakes,"

I nod and she walks back to her room.

Good friends help out their roommates. Good friends don't date their roommates or fall in love with them. I'm a good friend.

- Sagittarius -
I get to work a little earlier today, my hand gripping the coffee a little too tightly as I wonder if Aquarius was serious.

I don't feel like I'm asking Brendan out because I want to. I think I'm asking him out either to spite Aquarius or because I wanna make him jealous.

Either way, I approach Brendan. He looks at me with his dazzling blue eyes. "Hey," he says. "I wanted to discuss how-"

"Will you go out with me?" I blurt.

"Sorry?"

I can feel my cheeks get hot with embarrassment.

"Did you just ask me out?" He puts the clipboard down and turns to me, crossing his arms with a smirk on his face.

I simply shrug.

"Sure. Let's meet tonight at 8, the restaurant around the corner," he says. He picks up his clipboard and walks away.