Freedom

The Void.... it was a fitting title for the place. All that anyone could ever see in it was an endless black emptiness. Yet, anyone that's ever gone into it has been baffled by some of its qualities.

It wasn't like a bottomless pit, as it had a firm floor to support creatures with legs and feet. It wasn't quite an alternate dimension, as it was still a part of The Flipside. Nothing seemed to suggest it was a simulation of some sorts either. It wasn't even a prison, as some would believe or would want to believe.

No, The Void was quite unique, and despite the fitting name of it, Henry couldn't help but wonder in his semi eternal damnation if it could have a better name. However, he is soon brought out of his pointless thoughts as he sees a door open in the distance.

Henry glances momentarily before wearing his signature, toothy grin as he's approached by a small, dark mutt. It was Jack's soul, his "jailor". Henry watched the dog's every move as it came closer, his interest piqued. He had not had a visit from his "jailor" in a long, long time.

"A visitor? Fascinating." Henry remarked. The dog paused and growled at him, raising its haunches. "SILENCE, DEMON." It ordered. Henry ignored his "jailor", instead grabbing the dog by the scruff of its neck and holding it to eye level. It struggled in his arms, snarling and snapping at him. Henry gave it a mocking look.

"Why are you here? What brings you to my domain?" He asked. The dog answered: "I AM HERE TO SET YOU FREE." Henry doesn't react immediately, giving the dog an incredulous look before scoffing.

"No. That is not it. There is more, isn't there?" Henry tightens his grip on the dog, who strangely goes still. It glares and bares its teeth once more, threatening him: "DO NOT TEST ME, MONSTER." Relaxing slightly, the dog continued. "I AM LETTING YOU OUT OF THIS PRISON BECAUSE I NEED YOUR HELP."

Henry raises an eyebrow, suspicious of what his jailor was saying. "My....help? Intriguing. But you still haven't explained what exactly you need my help with." Henry put down the mongrel as he spoke, actually interested in what the creature had to say for once. He still kept a close on it, making sure it wouldn't bite him when he wasn't looking.

"I NEED HELP WITH JACK. HE AND MY BROTHER HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED BY AN ANGRY MOTHER. SHE IS TRYING UNDO WHAT YOU'VE STARTED, AND NOW BLAMES JACK FOR THE DEATH OF HER CHILD. SHE IS TRYING TO UNDO YOUR LEGACY." It explained.

Henry started to cackle, not taking the request seriously. "An angry parent? Trying to undo my legacy? Hilarious." He suddenly gets a deadpan look on his face, staring down the dog. "I am not moronic. I know this parent is of little threat to both of us. Even if she undos Jack and my legacy, you will just do what you always do: turn back time." Henry sneers, his eyes glowing a little: "I have no reason to help you, perhaps you are doing this to see me redeemed?"

The dog barks aggressively at Henry: "THIS IS NOT AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO "REDEEM" YOURSELF. THIS IS A REMINDER FOR ME SO I NEVER FORGET HOW HORRIBLE YOU ARE." At that, the dog pounces at Henry and bites into his leg. Henry screams in pain.

"YOU ARE COMING WITH ME, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOUR "JOY OF CREATION" HAS DONE TO PEOPLE." With that, the dog teleported Henry out of The Void, into the real world.

———————————————————

Jack groaned and opened his eyes. He couldn't see anything. "Aw shit, did I go too hard on the drinks last night?" He muttered to himself.

He tried to stretch his aching limbs, but he couldn't move them. "Wait, what?" He asked himself before he feels a stirring behind him.

"Oh jeez." It was his brother, Peter. It seems he partied a little hard too.