Save Him Ch.4

Warning: Torture scene, some depressing thoughts, and brutal gore scene.
Author's notes at the end!
**********************************
Darkness... It's all he's seen in the time he's been with Henry. It feels like sometimes it's only thing he'll see, forever. Living in this world of black, this infinite darkness.

Jack is lying on the ground, contemplating his existence and his situation. He's been in this small, dank room for... he doesn't even know how long. It could've been days, weeks, years. He didn't know if he was going to be rescued, he honestly doubted he would be.

He huffs as he turns to his side, rubbing the tile floor with his finger. After Henry had left the first time he was tortured, he decided that he should explore around the room. He wanted to see if he could find a way out or figure out where he was.

There were only two things he had discovered. Firstly, that the room he was in was small and barren, around the size of a storage closet, perhaps. He'd probably walked around the room seven times before kicking the wall in out of frustration, desperate to find even one piece of furniture; a clue, as to where the hell he could be. The other being that the floor was not carpeted, and was made of tile. Fun. It was nothing that he could use to help himself with.

Jack starts to feel bored and apathetic. A part of him wants to break out, to try to amend what had happened in his brother's location. Yet, he has no drive, no reason to leave. Lying in this dark room, not knowing when he was going to escape or when Henry was going to return, honestly made him feel apathetic. The only time he does feel driven is when Henry attacks him, reminding him of his promise and of his guilt.

He frowns at the thought. It was horrible, really. Henry inflicting pain onto Jack was one of the only reasons he could stay true to himself and Fredbear. Although the last few sessions hadn't really been torture. More of Henry alternating between ranting about Jack and yelling at someone named David. Jack never thought he'd believe this, but being tortured was one of the less worse things to have happened in his life.

Henry's torture has been... inconsistent, like the man himself. After the first torture session, Henry tried to manipulate him, make him feel horrible for his sister and brother's deaths. He'd say the usual, stuff like "It's all your fault." and "Peter would have been the better caretaker.", etc. He even brought up how he'd ruined the kids lives he'd ended back in his brother's location.

Henry learned pretty quickly that that wasn't torture for Jack at all. He'd thought about all of his mistakes so much the past fourteen years that he was desensitized to them at this point. It was a struggle with the more recent incidents, but Jack's learned how to wear a mask when he needed to. The man had taken everything away from him, so he was resolved to prove that to him.

Jack was able to tell that he was pissing Henry off with his lack of reaction. He'd heard the haunted animatronic lumbering outside his room, growling and frothing in rage. He was likely scheming a new strategy, a new way to try and break Jack.

It was always so strange to see Henry now compared to fourteen years ago. This was a man who would attack with words and wit. He remembers when he roasted a customer so hard that they had caught on fire. It was strange to see him now, because there was nothing left of that at all. His intellect remained, but his wit was gone. His apathy was still present, but it was accompanied by a wild sense of insanity. His smile was still there, but it was hid under Fredbear's head.

The Void, as Dave had put it, seemed to have gotten to Henry. Jack wishes that it hadn't. While it was good that Henry couldn't utilize his intelligence as well as he used to, he could make up for that with his strength and new found unpredictability. That unpredictability scared Jack, admittedly. If he couldn't predict what Henry was going to do, then there wasn't any way to arm himself against him. He can't get into his head like before, predict his next move; and can't fight him on even ground because of it. Even Jack knew that facing him alone, he'd be screwed.