Crazy Works

"You were referred to me by a Dr. Babar, in Chicago?"
The psychiatrist asked Dean.

"That's right. "

I sat in between my brothers for the interview, trying to contain my amusement at the fact that all we had to do was tell the truth to get into a mental institution. It had been a few weeks, four or five maybe, and I was experiencing yet another benefit of being a biblical creature. My bones were healed completely and my wounds were almost completely scarred over. The boys decided I was ready for a hunt, and I gladly accepted the opportunity to get out of the house before I strangled Bobby with his newfound overprotective bullshit.

"Isn't there a children's book about an elephant named Babar?" the doctor questioned.

"I dont know. I dont have any elephant books," Dean deflected, "Look, I think the doc was just in over his head with these two. They're a little..." he whistled and twirled his finger near his head gesturing "crazy" obnoxiously.

"Ok thanks, that's not really necessary. Now, Amber, why don't we start with how you're feeling?" the doctor said to me.

I sighed, still containing my giddy antics and smiles at the whole idea. But I expertly threw put my game face on.
"Well I'll be honest. I'm angry, I got handed a real crap deal. I was born to see things. All the time. "

"What kind of things?"

I shrugged nonchalantly "Ghosts. Demons . Angels... Sometimes I get premonitions of horrible futures that give me migraines."

The doctor's eyes widened a bit, but he didn't seem surprised. "So...have you been diagnosed with schizophrenia?"

"Oh no," I corrected him reassuringly, secretly loving this, "I'm a powerful psychic. One that's only born on earth every seven generations. "

He nodded with an unreadable expression and took down some notes.
"Uh huh...ok and Alex," he turned his attention to Sam, "tell me how your feeling. "

"I'm fine," Sam said with a shrug," I mean I guess I'm a little depressed. "

"Alright, " the doctor said sounding hopeful that Sam might not be as screwed up as me. Oh how wrong he was. "And why do you feel that way?"

"Probably because I started the apocalypse. " Sam replied bluntly.

"The apocalypse?"

"Yeah. That's right. "

I couldn't hold it in. I snickered behind my hand. The doctor and Dean both shot me a glare.

"And you think you started it?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, I killed this demon, Lilith, and I accidentally freed Lucifer from hell. So now he's topside, and we're trying to stop him."

"Who's we?"

"Me. Uh, these two... And this one angel.." Sam explained matter of factly.

"Oh you mean like, an angel on your shoulder?" The Doctor inferred, thinking he was making sense of things.

"Oh no," I butted in, "his name is Castiel. He wears a trenchcoat. "

"See what I mean, doc? The kid's been beating himself up about this for months. The apocalypse wasn't his fault.." Dean explained.

"Its not?" the doctor said, hilariously lost in our story.

"No. This other demon, Ruby, got him hooked on demon blood. I mean near the end, he was practically chugging the stuff." Dean elaborated, making Sam visibly uncomfortable.