The Virgin and The Whore

The road was good to the three of us after what happened. We picked up a couple easy hunts, enjoyed each other's company. Of course things had to go wrong soon enough.

An empty highway led us to come across some freelance hunters, who saved us from a mass demonic attack by spewing out an exorcism none of us had ever heard before.
Come to find out, they belonged to a town that was relentlessly attacked by demons and the citizens had taken matters into their own hands. We were led to the church where they gathered for a wedding. The preacher speaking was loaded with guns.
We stood against the back wall together and observed.
"Dean..." I whispered and nudged him during prayer, "something isnt right with this place. "

He leaned over sideways without breaking his false vigil to hear me better.
"Whaddya mean?" he whispered back.

"I cant feel anything. I mean nothing." I replied.

Sam leaned in from the opposite side now too. "Something unplugged you?'

"I got nothing. Except this...ringing." I said, twisting a finger in my ear. Truth be told, the moment we entered the town's boarder, I had a ringing in my ears, but it was stronger now inside this church.
The preacher approached us after the session with a welcoming smile.
"You're a preacher?" Dean asked in disbelief.

"Not what you'd expect huh?" The man replied.

"Well dude, you're packing." I said, tugging at my bothered ear.

"Strange times. "

A young woman crept behind him, listening to us. Beautiful and simple looking. My brothers were asking where they learned that exorcism,  among other things, but I was having hard time paying attention. Not just the ringing, which was intensifying by the minute, but I was literally spacing out.
At first I was frightened, thinking I was about to have a seizure, but it passed almost as quickly as it came and I was snapped back into the conversation.

"Never been wrong, not once." The preacher, or rather the young woman's father said. Her gaze fell on me and the ringing became more like dull, aching buzz. It was coming from her. I cast her a suspicious stare, and when our eyes locked momentarily, the ringing became unbearably louder until she looked away at my brother.

"Let me guess," Dean said, " before you see something you get really bad migraine,  see flashing lights?"

"How'd you know?" the girl, Leah, asked.

"Because your not the first prophet we've met."

☆☆☆☆☆

Everything else was kinda fuzzy for me until we got back to room we'd graciously been given by the townspeople.
Sam was on the phone, trying to get ahold of Castiel,  while Dean sauntered over to me on the bed and sat down.
"Hey, you were kinda...not all there back at the church. You ok?" he asked me genuinely.

"I am now. I think I'm starting to understand what the doctor meant by brain damage. I zoned out and I couldnt bring myself back. But that girl...Leah..."

"What about her?"

"She's the reason my ears are ringing and hurting. "

Dean frowned. "That's weird...prophet ever do that to you before?"

"I dont know...I never met Chuck. " I shrugged,  "maybe were both special breed of psychic so we...clash? I dunno..."

Sam frowned with a tilt of his head as he joined us. "Yeah maybe, not a bad explanation.  Hey I left Cas a message."

"Great, " I said yawning, "listen, guys, whatever is going on with me, it's really draining me. I think I'm gonna crash."

Sam nodded and started getting himself ready to leave, but Dean lingered next to me. His bright eyes looked me over with concern. He rubbed the back of my shoulders as I began to massage my temples.
"You sure you're ok?"